The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have prob's with these, I have them around my gums behind my teeth in front of my teeth on the roof of my mouth and almost solid covering the back of my throat. I called my Rheumie she said it's probably from the SLE and if it's not better by Monday to come in. She recommended some Loraseptic spray for my throat. I've just never had it this bad where it covered my throat. Also I think I read somewhere if you have them this bad you might have an organ somewhere thats inflammed and my lungs have been giving me issues.:shrug:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I have sle and my daughter has discoid and we both get bad ulcers and not just in the mouth :sad: We have tried mouth washes bonjella but the best so far is anbesol of course you cant use it at the back of your throat but it will numb the gum ones, hope that helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am not diagnosed, but i have the same problem w/the mouth ulcers! I just got out of a REALLY bad outbreak of them! I went to the Dr. (again) and they did some testing and said maybe its a herpes virus (ugh) even though i told him i've been suspicious of lupus and have been tested 2 times for lupus before, have been referred to a rheumatologist and have many other multiple symptoms. It's the most frustrating and painful symptom i have! He did give me a good mouthwash solution. You can mix maalox, benodryl and lidocaine or just the first 2. It will numb you up and cause a little relief! :) Hang in there!! Best wishes!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Hi--These mouth sores are an annoyance, aren't they? When I first got these, my rheumatologist ran additional bloodwork and thought they might be caused by a vit D deficiency, which I happened to have at the same time. She started me on Vit D and Folic acid. Sometimes I get nose sores at the same time. The last time this occurred, she asked me to add more Folic acid, which helped clear them up in a week or so. Might be worth a try since it is over-the-counter!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
as well as using ambesol that someone has mentioned my dentist gave me some diflam mouth wash which is much stronger than what you can buy over the counter. Nothing worse than mouth ulcers hope they disappear soon for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts