The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my latest M.R.I . Results..for anyone, that can make sense of it. My dr. is always vague, about answering my questions about it.

In the posterior fossa the fourth ventricle is midline in position. A small developmental venous (DVA0 is seen in the medial left cerebellu. No focal brainstem abnormality. The internal auditory canals appear symmetrically nromal. In complete development/pneumatization of the mastoid bones. Mild increased signal intensity in left mastoid Air cells.

Supratentorially the third and lateral ventricles are normal in size and position. No shift. No hydrocephalus.

Small nonenhancing focus of signal abnormality in the region of the right choroidal fissure and extending slightly superiorly which appears to contain a small cystic focus in addition to abnormal decreased T1 and increased T2 signal intensity. This foucus of abnormality is immediately above the right hippocampus which appears intrinsically normal. Considerations would include a small neoplastic lesion.

No area of pathologic contrast enhancement. No convincing evidence of acute infarction of diffusion weighted images. There are no extracerebral fluid collections. Flowvoid is identified in the major proximal intracranial vascular pedicles.

The pituitary gland and craniovertebral junction are within normal limits.

Paranasal sinuses are clear. Levo Deviation of the nasal septum. Concha bullosa of the right middle nasa turbinate is noted....Out of room..

If any one wants to comment, I would be greatful. I have to have another in March..This Dr. is not very talkative..:lol:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Oh boy Sandy :rolleyes: I'm not even going to attempt it :hehe: It's complicated stuff trying to interpret a radiologists report on an MRI! I usually get my Neuro to explain it in plain english for me, surely you are entitled to that, did they say anything about it?

Was it a Neuro who did this test and didnt explain the results to you or the Rheumy?

sending hugs,

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Liiy,

Yes, my Neuro, ordered the test, and then had me come in, to go over it with me, but never really.. explained it to me. He mentioned brain biopsy at one point, but never said why he thought it my be necessary. He wanted me to go back next mo.(March), for another M.R.I.

He said this is my first visit with you, a few times, when I tried to get a direct answer, to any question I put to him. He did send, a report to my Rheumy.. and it was that visit, that prompted my Rheumy to start me on Cell Cept.

I was really lost in the dark, trying to make some sense of it all, and thought someone with a more technical background, may be able to make more sense of it for me..

Thank you Lily, for trying to help with it. I do appreciate it. I hope you are feeling much better, friend.

Have a nice day!
Love
Sandy

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Sandy,
I think MRI interpretation is too specialized an area for anyone else to hazard a guess.

Neurology is sometimes too complex even to neurologists :( so it would not be fair on you for us to comment.

Take care

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Sandy,

I'm afraid I can only send you big hugs as it's all gobbledygook to me! :grhug:

Lots'a'luv,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Sandy,

He said this is my first visit with you, a few times, when I tried to get a direct answer, to any question I put to him
I think this statement makes me feel he's just going to follow you very closely for now and that seems fair enough. If there's no progression and the Cellcept does it's job then he won't have to come up with an answer ;) I think half the problem with the Neurological side of things is that they see abnormalities but sometimes aren't sure about them and heaven forbid we ask them that timely question of WHY??????? :hehe: Their answer would have to be we don't know for sure. Some docs admit that but Neuro's don't admit it freely :wink2:

I don't blame you for wanting to know the ins and outs of it though, especially if he mentioned brain biopsy!

I hope the Cellcept is improving things for you?

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thank You for your responses. I will be patient, as I am sure you are right, Lily. He is most probably, not sure himself, at this point in time..what is going on with me. It may be another M.R.I or another test, later before he can say with certainty.

Yes, I do believe the Cell Cept is helping me. I haven't had to make an E.R. run, for the beyond horrible headaches, since I have started on the med. I have an appt. to see my Rhuemy also, in early March, and I think he may increase the Cell Cept at that time..I remember, him saying when he wrote the prescription for the Cell-Cept he would give me a starting dose...

I do hope you ladies, are feeling well today. :)

Sandy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts