TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I'm the new kid on the block!! I've been living with lupus for several years but was only diagnosed in 2003. I guess i'm pretty lucky lately as i've had very few flares, about 2 to 3 times a year for the last 3 years. I've been on Plaquenil since diagnosis and visit the dermy every year for the blood tests etc.

My skin's pretty bad though as I'm Asian and my skin darkens quite a lot whether i've had a bruise, injury or been in the sun (even while using high spf creams) I have dark patches on my face, back and arms. I've tried so many different types of creams for the hyperpigmentation (or melasma) but nothing seems to work.

I've been doing quite a lot of research and wondered if anyone had tried MSM Sulphur which, for some, has had really good results (for joint pain as well as improved skin, hair nails). Has anyone tried this to good effect?

Also, from what I gather, it has no side effects for lupus sufferers, is this correct - i just want to make sure before i give it a go, I know some of you may suggest going to my GP but to be honest his knowledge of lupus is rather limited!!!

Look forward to hearing from someone soon!

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there and welcome :)

I'm afraid I don't know anything about this and the only information I can find on the internet is on commercial sites which I tend to be very wary of.

I do have to wonder that if it really did everything they say it does, why would our rheumies not be telling us to take it... Mine is great on vitamins and other supplements that can help but I've never heard her talk about this.

Maybe someone else will know more.

bye for now,
Katharine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts