The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.....just a question...i keep getting muscle cramps in my legs...top or bottom and always in the back of legs.....like iv been exersizing too much?......they always seem to be there so to speak....any ideas?.....thanks jane

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Muscle cramps

Hi jane i am sitting at my lap top now and i have been in agony all morning with the same thing i have tried streching them out in full i have a recliner chair and i have been doing that all morning they are really sore i have had to take diazepan to try and see if that helps not so far do you have a muscle relaxant to try and see if that helps hope it gets better soon :) elisabeth

·
Registered
15 Posts
muscle cramps

Hi Jane,

I too suffer from terible muscle cramps and restless legs. I use to take Quinine Sulphate and that eased it a lot but now I am taking Plaquenil I don't need the Quinine Sulphate.

I find that I am more likely to suffer from cramp whan I have had alcohol - red wine being the worst offender.

Squiffy :(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Jane,

I too understand how you feel - I've had this in my upper arms and thighs all week but today is particularly bad. Yesterday I was standing talking to someone in work with my arms folded for around 15 mins and when I went to move away the pain and spasm in my left arm was agony. I had to support it and try to take pain relief at the same time. :hehe:

I seem to have a lot of connective tissue inflammation all over at the moment so I suspect it's worse where there is denser muscle. I'm also due my period so that may also be a factor.

I've been so restless tonight that Hubby said he wished he could give me something to make me sleep till tomorrow then I'd wake up feeling better. Bless him, I wished for the same thing!

I hope you feel better soon Jane. :hugbetter:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Jane, I had severe leg and arm cramps, constantly, round the clock, when I had Fibro, and nothing I tried would do anything to ease the pain. It even kept me from sleeping. Since being dx with fibro, new other dx would come and get added on, and my leg and arm pain would lessen. By the time that I began to have a handfull of symptoms that were not strictly Fibro, and were not strictly anything else, that particular kind of pain quit. Of course, then I had a whole package of new things to deal with, but that is what keeps life interesting. I hope I have helped.
Are you seeing a Rheumatologist? Keep posting.:wink2:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi...i do see rhuemy..at st thomas in london...and many thanks for you replies...;) jane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts