The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all hope you are all well.This is the worst flare i have had in a long time.The pain is excrutiating pain meds not helping face and neck is a mess.Sore to sit sore to stand sore to lie cant win.I doctors closed till Tuesday.The meds he gave me on monday are not helping so fed up this is not like me.:sad: Sorry for the moan.Ihope you all have a great Easter Elisabeth

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
(((elisabeth))))

Sorry your suffering so. Is it wet up there? I find when it rains I get sorer or when I let myself get too cold. Hope you have as good an Easter as you can and Tuesday rolls round quick for you. get down there and sort the doc out xxx

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
elisabethm,
Hi and if it is muscle pain then heat might help or a massage. You must not have any muscle relaxers, well if you do try one they sometimes help if nothing you sleep lol. I hope that you feel better soon and that your easter is a good one also.

·
11,409 Posts
(((Elizabeth)))

I am sorry to read that you are in so much pain.:(
Is there a way you could get a hold of a doc before Tuesday?

Take care.
Lyn

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Elisabeth,

Really sorry your in so much pain again!

Give the emergency GP's a call, you are classed as an emergency so don't delay!

There's always A&E too!

Hope you get things in control very soon!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,
Poor you!! :(

I am really sorry you are in so much pain, it really is awful and takes it toll on your sanity aswell.

I think that if you have been like this for a few days and your meds are not helping and you then get to the point where you cannot cope with anymore then you should phone the out of hours doc, or go to A and E. There is no fault with saying enough is enough when pain is that bad. And maybe then can give you a short boost of something, stronger pain releif or steroid to help you get over it.

It's definately worth thinking over and there is nothing wrong with calling, you rae no less deserving than anyone else just because you deal with pain regularly.

Good Luck

Take Care

Cassie :)

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi Elizabeth, hope that either things have improved or that you have taken the others excellent advice and called the emergency gp. Being in that much pain is horrible.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Elisabeth,

I have been there, unfortunately, and there is no pain worse. I have found that a warm drink with pain meds help as well as a wonderful electric blanket or heating pad. I wish I had better advise.

Be thinking about you,
Nancy

·
Registered
32 Posts
:hehe: so sorry to hear you not been well,at the moment i'm lucky my pain is not to bad i get used to it and feel weird when it's not there.Hope you managed to get your meds sorted and feel a little better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts