The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

You know when you go to the hospital and the doctor really just doesn't seem interested and tells you that this pain you keep having is nothing to do with the lupus and that it's nothing to worry about? I get pains in my back muscles for which I had 1 years worth of physio, and I have had a back x-ray. Nothing has been found to be visibly wrong. However I am still in pain and it causes me trouble when it comes to sitting down for any length of time. How can it be nothing to worry about if it affects me every day? I also get muscle pain that jumps around abit, at present it is in my left calf muscle.

I guess what I am asking is does anyone else have these sort of pains? They can cause me mobility issue. Most of the time they ease off if I lie down or relax. I guess it kind of feels like cramps.

I get seen at two different hospitals (depending on whether I'm at home or university) and the doctor back home is the one who tells me not to worry about this muscle pain. Because of what he's said I don't mention it to the people at Leeds. Should I tell them about it? It wouldn't be the first time he's dismissed something that was relevant.

Oh and I also get a lump under my arm, which I have been told by a gp might be due to the lupus. However the doctor back at home told me the pain from it was probably due to the muscles of the ribs in tha area. It means it can hurt to put down my arm properly. Has anyone heard of a pain like this?

Lupus is so confusing!!!

I hope you can help,
Thanks,
Charlotte

*mycophenolate, prednisolone, hydroxychloroquine, cetirizine, cerazette*

*Joint and muscle pain, thrombocytopenia, malar rash*

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh and I should probably mention I get the pain quite a lot in my thigh muscle just under my hip and the back pains are either at the bottom of the back or in the shoulders (I get lots of muscle knots)

Thanks
Charlotte

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Charlotte,

You should definitely mention the pain to the doctor in Leed's. Always mention any new symptom.

If you think it is muscle cramps heat should help the muscle relax. A warm (not hot) shower or bath will relax you and may help. When I cramp I use a heating pad directly on the spot and it usually helps.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.