TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so sad, I love my car. It was stolen from my designated car park at work today. It has heaps of my disability stuff in it - crutches, cushion for my wheelchair (but fortunately my $4000 wheelchair is in my livingroom right now), my disability parking permit, etc etc. I had my walker with me, so I have at least got that though I need more crutches asap.

I have reported it stolen to the police, tomorrow i have to go do the whole insurance number. It was crazy, I rang my insurance and they are insisting that I go in there - I told them that is problematic without my car because of my disability, but of course they only have people who go out to SELL insurance, not to do claims. Why am I not surprised.

Work is being fabulous - they paid for a taxi for me to go to my physio appointment, and tomorrow I have a meeting in town so they are paying for a taxi to and from that. Various friends have offered me loans of their cars if they are available at the time.

I rang a local radio station coz it is rush hour, and they are going to announce it on the radio so there will be all those extra eyes out there looking for it. I told them it was stuffed full of my disability stuff so they were happy to help.

Oh, and the other crappy thing that happened today - I rang to check on my nerve conduction study referral, and they don't have it (the referral, that is). As much as i love my neuro she is pretty slack about referrals, but it is just such a pain in the butt. I have been waiting since March - I was expecting it to take a couple of months so I haven't been fussing about it.

oh well, that's about it - hope tomorrow is a better day

raglet

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Raglet, I am very sorry to hear about the car. Some people are despicable, especially as it must have been obvious how much you rely on the car and the stuff in it.
Great idea to have it announced on the radio.
Hope you get some good news soon.
x Lola

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
So sorry to hear about your car Raglet. It's bad to get a car stolen at the best of times but when it has that much important stuff in it, then it is ten times worse.

Katharine

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
******, i have just realised that the car had the foot plate for my wheelchair in it :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

The screws had come loose (they are such fiddley little screws), so when we hauled it out of the car we just left the foot plate there.

Oh well, I will have to ring the manufactures tomorrow and get a quote on how much they will cost (my wheelchair cushion as well) as I have no idea. Just know they will be expensive as it is a titanium rigid frame wheelchair.

raglet.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Am sending out the thought police to haul those responsible up by any boot- strap ounce of decent conscience they may or may not have in thier souls...to give you your precious car back.

Shame on them

Nicky:)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I am so sorry Raglet :( Bipedal Turds are alive and well in all corners of the globe. I hope that it will turn up very soon undamaged and with contents
Many hugs
Clare

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the good news is that a friend of mine is picking me up from work tomorrow AND solving my urgent need for crutches.

She has crutches that have been lying around her house forever from a broken foot she had a couple of years ago, so she is bringing them to me.

I won't be able to get all my disability stuff together again until I have a car but at least I will have crutches ! She is also going to take me and my dogs out to the dog park so we can give them a really good run. I really need crutches to take to Canada with me in a couple of weeks, so I'll be good to go (I'll just take walker and crutches).

Life is crap but friends are good, My mum is so upset, it used to be her car and she gave it to me when she went blind. It's a great little car (subaru imprezza, low mileage, well maintained) - oh well, still got my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

raglet
a pox on all car thiefs is all I can say !

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
May onions grow from their navels and thistles from their bums
Clare

·
Registered
40 Posts
I don't very often write on our website, I am one of the readers !! But what you have just gone through is unbelievable, I am finding myself saying "what is the world coming to" more and more these days (and I am only in my 40's)

Write a letter in your local press to let everyone know then perhaps the culprits will read it too and GROW UP !!!

We really do have enough to contend with with this damned disease, without having to suffer from the hands of lowlife like these... There I feel a little better now. Sounds like you have wonderful work colleagues.

Take care Juliet xx:)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I am so sorry this happened to you.

I am a big believer in Karma.................what goes around comes around.

I hope the police can help you get your car back.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Raglet

Just wanted to say hope you get things sorted with your car and the nasty people who took it are utterly ashamed of themselves!!

Mrs M:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Raglet,

AWWWW! I am so sorry this has cropped up. Your Mom and yourself have every right to be upset, it was an heirloom! Delinquents! I'm with Clare-onions and thistles from me too! :rotfl:Yes, friends make the world a much easier place to navigate. Hopefully the radio station and police or whomever find your car quickly and intact! Little scum buckets don't have the conscience to feel guilt or they wouldn't have taken it in the first place.

Hang in there.

Michelle

·
Registered
869 Posts
Car thieves and mean people Suck:mad:. and to think they had the nerve to steal it while you were at work making your money the hard way, which they obviously are to lazy to do....insult to injury:mad:I agree with clare onions and thistles:lol: I hope your car and your stuff is all back to you soon.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Lord Raglet, I'm so sorry. That just really sucks. I agree, get as much puplicity as possible. Call the newspaper.

·
Registered
631 Posts
it's so hard to understand how some people can do this. I too am a strong believer in karma and I hope they get what they deserve!!!
so sorry it happened to you and i hope you can get things sorted soon.

best wishes

Elle x

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Raglet,

Glad to hear you played up the disability part when you contacted the radio station. Next you should contact your local tv station. When they put those kinds of stories on here there is a huge response.

Sorry this had to happen to you.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
498 Posts
Raglet,that is awful,sorry.
I'm with Clare,a good dose of warts on their private's would be good,or even the most painful haemorrhoids you could imagine :)..ok,I'm getting carried away now!
You seem to have had a run of bad luck lately so lets hope it's run it's course and things pick up soon,
Julsie

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I can't believe this has happened to you Raglet! These guys (gals) must've realised that the car belonged to someone that had special needs. :hissy:

Hope they have their toenails removed one by one!!!! :eek:

Aren't friends great - I found that out myself recently and I'm glad you did too.

Hope you get the car back with everything in it.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
11,405 Posts
((Raglet)))

What low life scums they are to steal your car.:mad:

I am sorry this has happened to you. I hope they find your car and everything still in it.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Dear Raglet,

Couldn't have said it better than Lyn without getting censored! I hope there is some kind of public response and someone recognises your vehicle and they recover it intact complete with all your aids.

xxxxxxxxxx

love
Lily

1 - 20 of 27 Posts