The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all those that PM'd me about my Dad and say that he seems finally to have turned the corner and be out of danger.

He has had recurrent pneumonia over these last two months and this time we almost lost him. The antibiotics weren't working any more and it seems there is a very real possibility that it is either "hospital acquired" or MRSA.

His kidneys also failed during this lot but are apparently recovering and he has a fracture of the spine - again not too serious.

again huge thanks for your support and prayers,
Katharine

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Katharine,

I am happy to hear that your dad is doing better.

He and the rest of you and your family have been threw so much these last few months.:grouphug2:

I hope and prayer that he will have continued better health.

Please remember to take care of yourself and get lots of rest. I know how stressing it is when one of our parents are ill.

:love2:
Lyn

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Katherine.

I am afraid i missed your post re your dad - I am sorry.

I am very glad things are improving for him.

Take care Katherine.

:love:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:thumbs: That's good news Katharine, it's so worrying when they are very ill ((((((((Katharine)))))))))

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Katherine,

I'm sorry to hear that your Dad has been so unwell, but am glad to hear that some progress is being made.

I too must have missed your original post!

Hope your okay too!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No worries, there was no original post :lol: I just mentioned to Joan that I'd bring her some hugs on the plane as I had to come over for Dad...

Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi katharine

I'm so pleased your dad is improving, that's wonderful news! I hope he is on the way to a full recovery!

I hope you are keeping well too katharine :hug: I will continue to send positive thoughts & prayers to you all.

Thank you for keeping us updated.
take care..love karen x

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi again all,

I am back home now. I came home on Monday and although Dad had had another setback since my last post he was looking much much better on Monday and had recovered his usual spirits.

It will still be a long road for him and as his immunity is incredibly low due to polycythemia vera, we don't really know how things will go from here.

I am OK. Very very tired of course but I think I'll get through it. It was quite an eye opener to see how little energy I have when compared to my Mum who also has polymyositis and lupus but who is now 70 (she says the last few years have been easier) and I have decided I really hate airports, queues, buses etc. None of them are nice when tired and when you have a bit of a problem standing.

I had my physio session again today (2nd one) but she took it very gently as my whole body feels battered.

thanks again for all your concern and individual kindness,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Kathrine

I am so glad to hear your dad is doing a lot better and hope he contiunes to ge better.You really need to take care of yourself now that you are back home(((((hugs)))).Please keep us updated on your dad and sure glad your mom is doing okay it sounds like.

Tammy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts