TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I have to share, my experience this afternoon.

I have various bird feeders, spaced around my backyard. One is situated, in front of my kitchen window..so, when I happen, to go to the sink, I can peer out, and see my birdfeeder. :)

Today, I went in to fix myself a cuppa, and looked out just in time to see bluebirds..OH! What a sight. It was much to my delight! :lol: :lol: I saw two of the same sex, feeding on my feeder at the same time. They were just gorgeous.

I have seen yellow finches, many.. red winged black birds, sparrows and many other species before, but this.. was the first time I have seen Idaho's state bird feeding at my feeder.

It is cute. Each mated pair takes turns moving in and feeding. Oh..I have seen many mated pair of doves also. I have seen a crane perched on top of my neighbors roof top. I didn't know, at the time, that down the street another neighbor had a Koi pond, and the fish were vanishing one..by..one.:lol:

I just love birds..They really are beautiful.

I wish you all an inspiration, for your day.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I love birdwatching too. We don't have any bird feeders as our yard is not bird friendly for various reasons (including lack of trees/shrubs) but I just love birdwatching at my parent's house who have the ideal back yard for it.

Thanks for sharing, it's always good to take a moment each day to appreciate this world's beauty. :)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Sandy, I have a much loved Java Dove as a pet. I agree with you birds are a joy to watch, so sociable and funny.
x Lola

·
11,405 Posts
We have been enjoying watching our bird feeder.:) We have 2 gold finch feeders up. They like to hang upside down to eat. One feeder has perchs and they land on that and swing down to eat.

The other one is kinda like a mesh sock. They eat in all different postions.:lol: We have had around 20 at one time trying to eat.

They are going threw their favorite food, thistle seed, really fast.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dear Sandy

I do know exactly what you are saying about watching birds.I love to listen to them early in the morning and right before the sun goes down also.It is absolutely beuatiful and such amazing beautiful sound for sure.I just got my bird feeders up in my new home and cannot wait to see them come up to I hope you continue to enjoy the beauty of it all.

Tammy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My son brought home a bird feeder this weekend frm his dad's/ It consists of a large terra cotta saucer full of bird seed and is held by a green plant hanger. So my husband helped him hang it in the back yard and my son wanted it to be positioned so that I could see it while I was laying in bed. Soooo.................. the other day I looked out and saw these cute little birds flitting around and snacking having a grand time. It was quite peaceful. Then, along came this squirrel and climbed down the plant hanger and dropped onto the saucer and immediatey got off balance. The goofy thing had it swing back and forth and then it finally dumped him on the ground with the saucer of bird feed landing on him. I don't think I have laughed so much harder than I did that day, One of my boys caught the action while he was looking out the kitchen window and lost it as well. I am sure our new neighbors are convinced that we are deranged.

Nancy

·
Old Timer
1,599 Posts
I always used to think that bird watching was for old people. :lol: We get all different kinds of birds here. Hummingbirds are our favorite. We have 4 different kinds sometimes in a year, but mostly Rufus and Anna's.

Here is a pic of a Rufus I took the other day:

Every year we get Robins, Chickadees, Gold Finches, Nuthatches, Purple Martins, Tohees, Tree and Barn Swallows, Sapsuckers, Woodpeckers, Owls, Osprees, Crows, Ravens, Ducks, Geese, Blue Herrings, Hawks, and Eagles (And I'm sure I missed a couple). :rolleyes: I know for sure it's spring when the tree swallows show up, that happened last week. :)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Everyone,

I enjoyed reading all your posts. It is fun to know, that so many of us enjoy our feathered friends :)

Please share any pictures, you manage to get of birds, or more bird stories.:)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I was just looking through the threads and found this one... I am sitting here listening to all the birds outside... We have bird feeders outside around our sun room... And it is so peaceful to sit and listen and watch the birds feed...
We live in eastern ontario , canada... So we do not get as many varieties of birds that some of you get... But we get blue jays, cardinals, finches, chickadees... humming birds... and a few other varieties...

We have to fill the feeders often in the winter... this time of the year not as often.. but we sure do enjoy watching them... speaking of that I think I am going to pour myself a coffee and go and sit in the sun room...
Take care...

Love Penny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts