TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It wasn't her fault, but my dog broke my mobile. Rachel and I were snuggled up on the couch (yes I know, my bad, but sometimes I break the rules) with my personal mobile sitting beside me on the couch. My mobiles both are on lanyards so I can tie them on to me (usually on to belt loops) as I have a lot of nerve damage in my hands and drop my phones all the time. Well, Rachel jumped off the couch and managed to get the lanyard tangled up in her long, doberman back leg. The phone thumped on to the floor - I think it may have survived that, but the thump gave Rachie a fright and she rushed off like a mad thing, mobile in tow, and the mobile slammed into the French doors. It didn't survive that.

It's all a bit annoying - both my work and personal mobiles are the same model, and I was lucky to get a limited edition which is in a different colour otherwise I would end up with two black identical mobiles. I have done that before, it drove me mad. So, I am going to have to pay vast ammounts to have the display on my phone fixed so I can keep the two different colour thing going. It will be about $150 - still cheaper than a new phone, but a total pain in the whatsit. I don't want to switch brands as I really like my phones. Everything else on the phone seems to be working fine.

Oh well, it was just an accident, but it's funny that the laynard that prevents me dropping it was the cause of it's downfall. The insurance will pay some of the repair bill, and I am mostly just happy that I can keep my champagne coloured mobile. Overall I think the laynard is still a good idea, it really was a bit of a freak accident.

worse things happen at sea, and I still love my Rachel which is the main thing

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Raglet,

Sorry to hear about that mobile breaking; it's great the insurance will give some money towards the repairs so you can keep your different coloured mobiles! :)

Our dogs break stuff all the time too; Alekos' (our 2.5 year old labrador who is an eternal puppy) favourite past-time is stealing my canes and running around the house with them in his mouth... Now, imagine a 40 kilo labrador running at high speed through the house with a 1.45 cm cane horizontally in his mouth....! He's broken chairs, glass table-tops, glasses; you name it Alekos has probably broken it...! A true walking disaster; just a very cute one! :lol:

Zoi

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
ahhhh....those animals ....and we love them still...

what kind of phone is it? I was just thinking they have the phone jackets all different styles where I live for $20 perhaps you can get online and maybe save some money?

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a champagne nokia 6085. Nothing flash, but i like it (or them, I have two, a black and a champagne one though the black on is supplied by my workplace). As far as I know the champagne one is not available any more.

I am not sure what you mean by a jacket - I can buy those covers for phones at the local mall, but I would find them a bit fiddley for my hands unfortunately.

I just wish I broke my black work one, they are so easily replaced, and both are insured.

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
What can I tell you dear lady. Sod's Law is alive and well. I wouldn't know what the chances of getting a replacement would be :dust: Maybe if you mention it around somebody will have one they don't need. That's probably optimism of the most annoying sort:pixiedust::luck:

Many hugs
Clare

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Yes they are covers....we call them jackets here..funny ha.

But the one I have is a rubber bendable type and so the phone doesn't slip out of your hands. I always drop mine so this worked well for me.

I also bought a phone off ebay....never do that one again. I would rather buy a new one than go through that experience again. Most kids go through their phones quite frequently just to change them so asking around is a good idea as someone might have one that can be used with your service company.

Can you imagine...what did we use to do without cell phones? I tell my kids, we didn't have phones and we survived !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts