The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone.

Early Saturday morning my husbands father passed away at the age of 85. My husband buried his mom some time ago, and now his dad. Death is so final!

We will have the viewing tomorrow night and the funeral on Wednesday. I figure it will take me days to re-coop my energy as I suffer with fatigue horribly not to mention the emotions that go along with something like this.

My husbands ex wife will be at the services because she has provided medical care to my husbands dad through out the years. I really do not feel like being in her company yet I do not have a choice.

It is a all around uncomfortable situation. Our 17 y/o son will carry the coffin to the grave and he has never even been to a viewing before so this is all new to him as well. I am sure he will handle this fine yet this has me un-nerved too.

I think by the time it is all said and done I will need a good stiff drink and a nap to follow. I wish death were not a part of life...:(:(:(

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Karol, I so sorry to hear that your father-in-law passed away, my thoughts are with you in this difficult time!

Take care,

Hugs Lesley

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Karol,

My condolences to you and your husband.

I'm sure you will get through it. We always do when we have to and I think if you believe that you will feel stronger.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Karol

I am so very sorry to hear about your fil ((((hugs)))).I do understand what you mean about death being so final for sure.I sure hope through everything you will go through in the next fews days that you take care of yourself also.Dealing with an ex is never easy for sure ((((hugs)))).I have had such a stressful year also with quite a fewa deaths in my family also and with having lupus the fatigue is even more so when you deal with death for sure.Take care of yourself and i hope you know we are here for you if you need us.

Tammy

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Karol,

I am sorry this is such a trying time for you. You already had so much to deal with. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I sorry for your loss - please take extra care of yourself during this difficult time. I am sure your son will do fine, though I can well imagine it is a bit of a 'head-stretch' for you. I was a pall bearer for my dad a couple of years ago - I was really determined to, so they just put a couple of strong nephews on all four corners, plus my sister across from me. My main problem was that I could only use one crutch, but I made it. It felt like the last thing I could do for my dad, and I was very proud but very sad too.

hugs

raglet

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hi Karol, im sorry to hear the sad news of your fatherinlaw, and down worry about the ex, and you will getr through this, your stronger thatn you think,

hugs Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Karol
My condolences to you and your family. It will be a very harrowing and difficult time for you all.

All the best
Clare

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Karol

I'm so sorry for your family's loss.
I hope that with the situation about your hubbys ex things will go smoothly for you.

I'm sure it's a very difficult time for you but you sound like a very strong person so I'm sure everything will go as well as can be expected.

Do look after yourself and rest when you can.

Sending you a :hug:

Mrs M x

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers to get through this difficult time.

Please take care of yourself and your health during this time.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your condolences.

I have been so busy running around like a chicken without a head trying to get it all together for this funeral.

They asked my son to be a pall bearer. He has never been to a viewing/funeral before so this is a first for him. I am sure he will handle it just fine.

Today and tomorrow will be just crazy and then it will be behind us.

I think when it is all said and done is when you really start the grieving process.

I will need a good stiff drink by Friday.

Again, I appreciate your replies and support.

Your all wonderful people.:wink2:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boy does the death of a loved one tend to bring out the worst in people.

My husbands family got together to write Thank You notes to the people who sent mass cards, flowers, etc...

Well, with the money left over from his dad.....now they are all fighting about how to split it up. One thinks they should donate it to the home where he was living before he died, one thinks it should be given to the Catholic church and others think it should go in their pockets.

My husband has removed himself from this nonsense and has decided that the rest of them can fight it out and let him know of the end result.

I think it is appalling!!!:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Karol,

I am so sorry for your loss....:there: I know what it is like to lose a loved one... Between George and I , we lost three of our parents in a two year span... My father had died years earlier... It is a devistating thing to go through...And unortunately it brings out the worst in some people and of course the best in others... We went through something similar when my mother in law died... We walked away also... Best thing we could have done... Let the others fight it out... It is hard enough to deal with the grief of the loss.... Take good care of yourself...

Love Penny

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Karol H,
There are 3 things death brings out in people: 1) the person is walking in a fog from the loss of a loved one, 2) you all the sudden hear opportunity knocking at your door,or 3) Everyone has lost their minds because they sure aren't thinking with their minds. I am sorry that you and your family have to go through this, it is hard enough to loose a loved one (a parent at that) without people fighting about anything. I will pray for some relief for your family and you. I have to say I am sorry.
Tammy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts