TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My husband, Chuck, was rushed to the hospital yesterday and has been diagnosed with Pancreatitis.............NO, HE IS NOT A DRINKER!!!

2 Years ago he developed this and almost died twice. He lost his gall bladder, spleen and half of his pancreas in a 6 hour surgery. 2006 was a horrible year for us and he was sick 8 months out of the year. Once we got over the hump we NEVER THOUGHT WE WOULD FACE THIS AGAIN!

I wont be around as much as usual but wanted to let you all know that I am requesting prayers for him right now. He will be having a MRI scan tomorrow because they think he may also have a Pancreatic Neoplasm as something weird showed up on the CT scan last night.

Foolish of me to think 2009 would be a good year.:mad::mad::mad:

On top of all of my health issues now I am dealing with a very ill husband.

Why???:worried::worried::worried:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
((((((((Karol))))))))))

I'll be thinking of you and your husband:hug:

X C X

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Sending many positive thoughts and prayers your way Karol.
(((Karol))) Life just isn't fair sometimes. Please post an update
when you know more and are able....

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
We will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers :hug:

There's a lot of 2009 left so hopefully things will get a lot lot better for you,

Katharine

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Karol
I am keeping you both in my prayerful thoughts and hope very much it will turn out less serious than you fear.
All the best
Clare

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Karol

How terribly worrying for you both :worried: I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how things are when you get the chance.

Hugs
Joan:rose:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Karol,

I am sorry to hear about this latest event. You will both be in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug:
Lazylegs

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Chuck will be having a MRI tomorrow morning and of course I will let you all know the results. I am trying to be optimistic and working on finishing a bottle of wine right now. Funny thing is I am not a drinker but needed something to calm my nerves and it is working.

It has been a long day at the hospital and just hope tomorrow brings better news. I will keep you all posted. I hope your all well.:wink2:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Karol,

Adding you and your husband to my prayers as well. I hope the results come back better than you are anticipating, and your husband is soon on the road to recovery.

Take care,
Sharon

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Karol

I am so sorry to hear your hubby is so sick and praying that everything comes out okay with the MRI and they get him back to full health again and soon.I dont blame you for having the glass of whine and if it helps you to calm it is needed right now.Try to take care of yourself in such a trying time for you also and please update us on how he is doing and you also.

Tammy
((((((((((hugs)))))))))

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Karol,
Sorry to hear about your husband.
You and your husband will be in my prayers.

Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Karol,
I'm very sorry that your husband is dealing with such issues. Pancreatitis is a very painful condition. I hope the MRI will give you the information you need. In the meantime, positive thoughts and prayers heading your way.
Sally

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Karol,

Sorry to hear that your husband is now ill!

Has he had the MRI yet? I will keep my fingers crossed for the best of outcome's!

All my love to you and husband and make sure to get some rest in if you can!

Lesley

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chuck is having his MRI right now so I stopped home to change the laundry and picked up some groceries on my way here.

Thanks for the well wishes from everyone and I will let you know the results.

My female intuition tells me no cancer.............I just hope it is right!:wink2:

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Hi Karol

I am really sorry to hear that your husband is ill and that you have to go through such a difficult time.

I am sending you goodwill thoughts and hope that things improve soon.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
553 Posts
(((((Karol))))):hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your husband being so poorly again. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts at this stressful time and hope that he is better soon. Make sure you take care of yourself too!

Lots of hugs and love to you and your family

Love

Claire xxx

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks so much to everyone that posted here.

I will do a update on a new thread as my husband is home and was not released by medical personnel but walked out of the hospital at 8:15pm last night due to, in my opinion, negligence on part of the hospital and nursing staff.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts