The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My knee is giving me such pain. I can't get relief. Orthopedist says it's been attacked by whatever it is I have. It's shot. The cartiledge is gone. The bones in my knee are inflamed. The meniscus is completely ruined. Deteriorated. It's hot. It's swollen. I can barely stand. I'm in unbearable pain 24/7. It keeps me up at night. Orthopedist is going to do surgery and clean up the bones and stuff, but I can't get scheduled until sometime in the 3rd week of July or so. How do I deal with the pain until then? I've been taking darvocet and aspirin, but I really don't want to take pain meds like this. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:worried: Hi KMS, my hubby and I went to the knee dr just yesterday, and he is roughly in the same boat as you are.
The dr. never offer ed him and pills, he just left the room for a minute, and came back with a shot. It was made up
of three different things. He said when the pain get to be unmanageable again, to call him and he could have another shot. Hubby is "thinking" about having the knee scraped.
Call his office and ask about it. I hope for the best for you.:wink2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts