The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Cecee,

I'm so glad you did go and get leg checked - I can see clearly from picture that wound is definately infected and I'm certainly not medically trained!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Cecee,

I missed your original post but have just read it now. I am so glad you got your wound checked - it is very obviously infected from the picture. You poor thing, it must be very uncomfortable.

Keep an eye on it over the next few days and if you don't feel it is getting any better I would go back to the doctor. Did they give you any special advice on keeping it dry or cleaning it with salt and water?

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi Cecee,

I can imagine you are having a tough time working out HOW to soak a whole leg (unless you have a very big bucket!!), but probably just as good if not better is to shower daily and during your shower to run luke warm water from the shower over the wound. Dont put soap in the wound. The idea is to wash away any pus and dead cells from the wound, but not to be so rough with it that you make it bleed. It should be covered up with a dry dressing after that unless you have been given other advice.

All the best,

X C X

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Cecee your leg looked like my foot when i had a mole removed.It took 12weeks to heal i had to go to the nurse every other day to get it dressed she tried iodine i had course after course of antibiotic.Then she asked if she could put silver in it and it worked.So ask them to try the silver i know mines was diffrent to your but anything is worth a try good luck Elisabeth

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

I am just sending you:hug::grhug::there: lots of hugs and friendship.... I sure hope you feel better real soon...

Keep a close eye on your would and if it doesn't improve in forty eight hours call the doctor right away... Nothing to ignore that is for sure...

Take very good care of yourself

love Penny

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi ceecee

Im really glad you managed to convince your grandma to take you to hospital. That looks like a nasty and painful infection. You poor thing :hugbetter:

I hope the antibiotics do the trick but dont hesitate to ask your grandma to take you back to the hospital if you dont see any improvement over the next few days.

Lots of love Ceecee

I hope this clears up for you real soon

Joan:rose:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts