The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone my name is cecee some of yall already now me..i'm 16 and i have sle...anewayz i have avascular necrosis so my doc said i had to have surgery since the level and damage was a 3...4 means hip replacement :0...i said no biggie, aneway i went to school as normal and i was in a school play...a play that i REALLY wanted to be in!!!. i thgouth the surgery would be during the summer that way i didn't miss school.. turns out my surgery is the 24th of this month!! and i will be out for 8 weeks!!. i don't get out of school until june 6..i'm totally going to miss the rest of school!!!! its not fair at all

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Cecee,

Aww that's an awful pity and really bad timing. I'd have thought they'd schedule surgery for when you had time off school too. I suppose if they haven't it means they can't :( I don't suppose there's anyway of asking whether the surgery can be rescheduled? You never know. I don't know how it works over there but if you don't ask....

I hope that at least once it is done you will get releif from that, it's an awful pain having dodgy hips as it stops you doing so many things.

sending loads of strengthening hugs and positive vibes
:grouphug2:

Katharine

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am sorry that you have to have surgery. You should talk to the doctor and see if you can schedule surgery after school gets out. They might have just overlooked it. It can't hurt to ask and if you need to have the surgery before then, then that is what you will need to do. My uncle had avascular necrosis and had both hips replaced probably 10 or more years ago and it did wonders for him.

Good luck,
Lisa

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

i will ask but i doubt it b/c i need the surgery asap..but my teachers understand and since i'm being homebound they said not to wrry much since they know my illness

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Cecee :hugbetter:

Sorry to hear you have to miss so much school... :(

It's good to hear that your teachers understand though!

I hope all goes well with your surgery so that you can start the new school year in September well rested and 1000% recovered :bigsmile: :thumbs:

:foryou:

Zoi

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I hope the surgery goes well for you, i know its a bummer with school, but your health is more important Cecee

take care

Lin xx

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Ceecee, Hi, I know you from chatting, which I have enjoyed a lot. So I know how much you have already been through, I am sorry you are missing the play it must seem like one sacrifice too many!
I am here if you need to vent.
x Lola

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'm so sorry about you having to miss the play and the rest of school, that's a difficult thing to go through, sounds like you've been through so much already. I am glad that your teachers are understanding, when I was younger I missed the last month of school and some of my teachers cut my grades down two levels.:mad: Take Care of yourself, and I hope the surgery goes well and you heal fast. Karly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts