The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted for quite some time because for 3 months i was enjoying life not suffering from this disease. I thought I may be going into remission because I was doing so well. Yeah right! Talk about the calm before the storm!I had a flare up that lasted three weeks which is te longest for me so far having lupus for three years. I developed inflammation around my heart and or chest wall, couldn't breath, stabbing and needle like pains my lungs and a new symptom that sent me to the emergency room. I had this horrible pain that started from my right ear and traveled down my neck and out through my back eveytime i would take deep breath , laugh and even stand up. Not to mention the choking feeling I would get in my trechea. I have never experinced such agonizing pain! I was scared. Apparently it was from a swollen lymph node. Hard to believe right? I have heard of people with lupus having swollen lymph nodes but to this extent? It wasn't a definite diagnoses so my question to you all is has anyone ever dealt with this? or maybe even something similar? I still have a little pain with the lymph node, even with recovery from the flare up. Anyhow, thank you all for reading my thread and I must say i am well compforted with the fact that there are caring and understanding people on this site who will respond the best way they can. Take care everyone.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi DDR,

I sympathise :hug: I thought I was going ok, I had no idea I had a problem until the heart and chest pain sent me to ER................. talk about a wake up call!

I had what they ended up diagnosing as Pericarditis (inflammation around the heart) and I thought it was the end for me. I had no idea that I had Lupus then but realised whatever was going on was quite serious :eek:

I hope that they have managed to get this under control for you (((((((((((((DDR)))))))))) I remember what a scary experience it was for me.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:eek: Oh!!, DDR, gosh I am so sorry that you are in so much pain right now, and scary-pain. I can't even imagine how
you must feel. I myself, have never had any heart problems (knock on wood ) I hope that I never do. I take it from your post that you had no warning? I hope that all the symptoms that you have had written on your list, you add this to it , with the date, and I hope that you have made a copy that your Rhuemy has in your folder. Take it easy for a week or so, however long you need to feel better, and ask for help if you need it. No one will care as much about your health as you do. Rest, get well, and warm ((((hugs)):wink2: if you need to talk about anything else, just post, we are all here for you.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts