The Lupus Forum banner

My mom died and was brought back to life...

2K views 38 replies 31 participants last post by  KarolH 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

A quick note to let you all know I won't be as active here for a while moving forward but will check in from time to time when I can.

This morning I got a phone call from the doctor that my mom went into v fib and her heart stopped. They were working on her and he told me to get to the hospital asap. She was dead for about 2 minutes.

When I arrived she was alive, they had brought her back to life with a shock cart defibrillator and C.P.R. She is being transferred tomorrow to another hospital that her cardiologist works out of. She will be taken right into the cardiac cathater lab and they will go in to see what they are dealing with.

A determination will be made to either put in a defibrillator and continue to treat her with medicine or have open heart by pass surgery but the doctor did say he is relatively certain that she will not be able to have surgery as there is just too much damage to the heart. If she can't have surgery he said the best case scenario after this mornings event is maybe one more year with her.

He did not sugar coat anything and told us all to say what we need to say NOW, don't wait as her heart is in very bad shape. My sister from Florida is already here and the rest of the family will be here in the morning. It is like total chaos all around me.

I am asking everyone here to just say a prayer that my mom does not suffer. I am unable to wrap my mind around life without her, she is my rock and my friend too but when I think hard about the way I am feeling it is pretty selfish. I lost my dad 20 years ago, I was young and so was he but the thought of no parents in my life scares me to death.

I am putting this in God's hands and I have done all I can. I said everything I need to say today so I have no regrets moving forward and this in itself brings me some peace of mind.

Anyway, I just wanted to keep my extended family in the loop as I am certain I won't be posting as much for some time moving forward. Thank you all for the support you have provided me in the past with my mothers illness and now moving ahead into the unknown.

I do love you all!!!
:wink2::wink2::wink2:

See less See more
#2 ·
(((Karol)))

Life sure can throw some curve balls at a person. :hug:

In everything that is going on please remember to get some rest. Our bodies cant take all the stress that you are going threw.

I speak from experience:( but I didn't take that advice to well either. You need to do what you need to do. Get rest when you can even it it is to put your feet up or lay down for a while.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Lyn

#3 ·
Hi Karol, I'm sorry to hear about your mom being ill. I do hope you and your family can get some more time with her. I will have your mom, you and your family in my prayers. I do understand where you are coming from with your dad. I lost my mother when I was 11 and dad has not been seen since I was 6. I will also pray that you may have strength and hopefully be pain free through this rough time. (((HUGS))) :)

#4 ·
(((((Karol)))))

I shall be thinking of you and your family, what a stressful time this must be for you all.

Please, when you can, keep us update on your mother's condition. Sending love and thoughts your way

Take care

Claire xx

#5 ·
Hi Karol and hugs :grouphug2:

I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on with your Mum. I can well understand those emergency situations and the chaos and panic they bring.

It is very hard to think of losing a parent but I did find that feeling that I hadn't left anything unsaid and being at peace with that did help me a lot. I'm sure that with the close relationship you both have you will be able to help your Mum greatly through this.

I will keep your Mum, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

More strengthening hugs :grhug:

Katharine

#6 ·
Dear Karol

Im very sorry to hear about your news. What a terrible shock for you all. Your poor Mum :sad: I will hope and pray for the best outcome and that you all get some quality time to spend with her. Its such a terrible thing to contemplate losing a parent :sad: As you said, I will hope that, whatever happens, she doesn't suffer.

I will be thinking of you

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

#8 ·
Karol:

My thoughts and prayers go out to you in these tough times. I cannot imagine what you are going through my friend, but know that god has a plan even if we don't understand or agree with it.

Bless you in this time of trial, and know that I am here for you if you need me.

All my love Stephanie

#12 ·
((( Karol ))) I am so sory to hear about your mom. I know she was ill but it still must have been a shock. Remember to take time to look after yourself as well. Sending you best wishes, hugs and the strength to get through this.

Take care

DEb x

#13 ·
:grouphug2:Karol,

Thinking of you and your family and hoping that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel for you and your Mum soon!

Love :pansy:

#15 ·
Hi Karol,
I am so very sorry for your whole family. I have not lost either of my parents, so have no experience with this issue, but have been very close to other family and friends who have died. I am a firm believer that we need to take advantage of the time we are given with a loved one to say everything that we want to say so there are no "I wish..'es...." after that person has died. I'm glad that you had that time to say what you needed to tell your mom.
I hope that she can get the surgical repair.

#17 ·
Hi Karol,
My mum passed away last year 9 mths after my dad, so I feel for you. You mum was brought back to life ,,,,lots of people wish that just so they can say all those things they wanted to but never did. I managed to say everything to my parents and it's been a big comfort to me since. I still though wish sometimes just for 5 mins more just to say it again. Use the time you have left together. I wish you and your family peace and strength.
Marika xxxxxx

#18 ·
Dear Karol,

You have my thoughts and prayers. I am very sorry, you and your mother
have to endure what has happened. I am glad your at peace. Please do remember to take care of yourself during this most difficult and stressful time
in your life Karol.

Just check in when you can please? You can rest assured we will be thinking of you often.

Your friend,
Sandy

#19 ·
Dear Karol so sorry prayers gentle hugs u made me so welcome made me laihg so much my 1 st visit to chat room.

u take care u to. carnt imagine pain u going through especially since u lost yuor father already.
much lv countrylass

#22 ·
Hi Karol :grhug:

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers also. It's a very difficult time for you all.

It is good that you have an opportunity to say all those things you wish to say to each other. That is a much more ideal situation - I've been in both situations, no warning and lots of heartache and an opportunity to spend precious time - I'd much prefer the latter.

sending hugs to you,

love
Lily

#23 ·
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I am thankful for the support you all provide to me when I need it most. I do agree that in a sense I am lucky to have whatever time is left now and to say what I need to say before this slips away.

The Cardiac Cath procedure will be on Monday. They did not feel she was stable enough to do it today so she will not be transported until Monday to the other hospital.

I will keep you abreast as things progress. I am going to bed now, a much needed rest. Will check back in when I can. Thank you all again.:wink2:

#24 ·
Hi Karol

I am so very sorry to hear about your mom(((hugs))).It is not easy to loose a parent but very hard on your health wondering when or if it will happen.I lost my mom over 16 years ago and the same way your mom is going through.i am sure glad you have your sister there with you .You will need each other for some time.You will sure be missed in here but will be thinking about you and your mom and do the best you can to get your rest and take care of yourself.((((((((hugs))))))))))Please keep us informed when you can.

Tammy

#26 ·
Karol, im sorry you are going through a tough time right now, my mother in law has been through alot almost in the same situation as your mom. i know exactly how youre feeling. i love her like my own mother.

i will definetly be praying for your mom everyday.

take care Karol. lydia

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.