The Lupus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi Bernard,

I'm 52 and I was diagnosed 2004 although I had a few years of tests etc before then. Along with all the other great advice from Katherine and Maia, which has gotten me through some rough spots, I will just add what I learnt from them at the beginning.

Before your mums next appointment, there will be loads of questions that you want answers to...keep a note book handy and write them down, then take the book with you to the appointment. It can often be daunting when you meet the Rheumy doc and you will have so much going around in your head that you'll likely come out of there thinking "..why didn't I ask him/her about that". If you have the questions written it makes it that much easier to get the info you want.

Also, keeping her spirits up is key. My son is most probably about your age too and I also have 5 grandchildren. I can honestly say that 'rolling around' with them is a sure fire way to bring a smile to my face. Okay so they roll..and I watch. But you get the gist of what I'm saying.

I am fortunate to have my son..even if he sometimes gives the medical staff a hard time, I'm betting your mum is thinking the same. You can also introduce her to this site, don't worry, lots of us are two finger typists and some days when the fingers don't work so well or we've been hit by the Mac truck (Luppy joke), there's always a ((hug)) on this site.

Love and gentle hug to you both

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.