The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my good news with everyone. I currently live in an old German home that I absolutely fell in love with the minute that I saw it. I have lived here for four years and have some very happy memories. The only problem that I have with the home is the fact that it is a two story and that means stairs!! Factor in the edge and you can again imagine the age of the h ome, etc. The home is over 100 years old and is absolutely beautiful. I wish that I could do something else so that I would be able to keep it, however, it is becoming increasingly difficult to climb the stairs. There are 17 of them and they are very steep. Then add in that there are six of us living in a three bedroom home and add in that I am going to have a grandbaby most any day, it is time to do something.

So.........we went ahead and talked to the bank so that we would know what our magic price range would be. Once we were approved, we started looking and in short order, we dounf the house that we not only needed, but one that we all liked and wanted. We found the most beautiful ranch home. We do have to add two bedrooms in the basement, and we are also going to add in a 3rd bathroom in the basement. The previous owner stated that all the appliances as well as the 59 inch large screen tv will remain with the home, which is fine. We will put the appliances into storage for Brittana when she is ready to go out on her own, the tv will remain in the basement for my hubby!

The closing will be towards the end of the month and then we can move in. None of us can hardly wait. The kids are really excited. Not only will they all have their own room, they are a block away from the mall! I cannot wait as we will have more room, as well as most everything that I need will be on one level. We have a garage, a wonderful backyard for our dog and the pool. YIPPEEE!!!

Nancy

I am hoping to get pictures soon for everyone to see.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Nancy,

Your new home sounds lovely. It sounds like it has plenty of potential to make you all very happy.

We also have a house that is a little small. I bought it when I was alone with my two boys :hehe: Now I have a new husband and two step children added to that. Maybe one day, if we win the lottery we'll move but in the meantime we love the house and that's what counts the most.

Good luck to you in your new home,
Katharine

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Nancy,:cheer2:
Good for you. I am so happy that things are all looking up for you because I know you have been through so much. You deserve it.
I love our house and all the space. I wish we had a pool in the backyard, but we do have a neighborhood pool, spa,playground and clubhouse. We live in a housing tract community. There are only 3 of us humans(3 of 4 legged variety and I am sure more are coming), but we seem to need a lot of space. We have 3 bedrooms and a office and a laundry room all on the top floor. They call our room a Master Suite-which it is.
However, like you I am not handling stairs well. Where we live there are houses going up everywhere. We are thinking of looking into one that has a master suite on the bottom floor and one on the top floor. Which a lot of the ones in a new tract have. It is more space than we need, but at least my family would not have to worry about me and stairs.
I can't do anything financially until I get my ssd, because there is no $$$$.

I know your ssd finally went through and what a huge relief that must have been for you all.
I cannot wait to hear about the grandbaby and see photos of your new home and grandbaby.:eleph:

I hope you are feeling great:)

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Nancy,

Just wanted to say I am so pleased for you! You'll be sad to leave the old house but it sounds like you are moving to an awesome place. And there is the new addition to look forward to! :eleph:

Can't wait to see the pics, keep us updated.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

P.S. Love the new name and I'm a big fan of Pink Floyd too!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Wow Nancy

I am so excited for you and the family to but sorry more for you as i do know what it is like to have the two sets of stairs to go up and down.This will help your health beyond what you think it could really.We moved into a double wide mobile home like almost 4 years ago and wow the legs are better then ever most of the time anyways lol.I know the move is no fun but iam hoping you have a lot of family of friends helping you as it can srue wear you out the packing and the hauling.Let us know how it all goes for you please.Take care of yourself grandma:) you want to be not to worn out to love that beutiful baby :) .

Tammy

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi nancy :)

:champagne: CONGRATULATIONS on your new house!!..It sounds wonderful,how exciting!

wishing you lot's of luck
take care ..karen x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts