The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Well, life has pretty much returned to normal for me over the last few months and can I just say: 'Stop! I want to get off!'

I am shattered! I feel like I could sleep for a week! I think I may be overdoing things a little....

I started a new job mid November and at the same time was referred to St Thomas' from which a blood clot on my lung and a slight heart murmur were found (they were supposed to be helping control things better, not find new problems!)

Then more recently I've had a really hectic schedule which included my exam at college, then my Dad's 60th birthday party (Whole family were there so quite hard work!). A few days later we flew to Spain to visit my mum & dad (step) who have now been living there for a year. Whilst there we visited my sister who also lives out there & helped her daughter celebrate her 4th birthday.

A week later we were back home after a 3 hour delay. I got up to go to work the next day to discover that my Russian Hamster had something wrong with him so had to call into work as I had to take him to the vet. The next day he went in for an op to remove one of his pouches (poor baby) but he's come through it and has recovered well.

On said return to work I had to assist with the audit (accountant) and we also had a 20 year anniversary celebration for work which included games (Sumo suits!) which I managed to avoid!

We then had to visit the in-laws on Sunday where I managed to avoid one of my brother-in-laws who has glandular fever!

I am helping a friend babysit her niece & nephew this saturday & we are meeting friends at the pub on Sunday to watch the Farnborough Airshow.

As you can imagine, as I said before, I am shattered! I longed for my old life back when I got diagnosed 7 years ago but now it's coming into fruition & I feel quite rubbish having reduced my steroids to a maintenance dose of 5mgs, I'm wondering if I've bitten off more than I can chew!

To top it all, I'm trying desperately to lose weight (not very successfully) & increase my exercise (ditto!)

I'm off to see my Rhuemy next week who hopefully has some good news about my breathing problems although I have a few 'new' things to add to the mix!

I don't know, some people are never satisfied! :rotfl:

AmandaB

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
My goodness, I got tired and wore out just reading your "normal" life and this is coming from someone with a 3 year old at home! *lol*

I think you should be able to come out of all this if you are able to just slow it down to a less normal pace ;) Glad to hear your hamster came out of that surgery so well. He must look quite funny just packing in his food on one side! I have gerbils myself for my small animal pet ;)

Take care, and definitely start taking it easy!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I am exhausted just reading your post. Sounds like you are going like a rocket. Any chance that you can take an hour or so out just for you so you don't burn out completely? or can you find a hole to hibernate for a couple of days to recuperate adn gain some more energy. Please take care and if you can, take it at an easy pace for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts