The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
i just rang my doctors to get a list of my blood tests again and was suprised to hear that the ANA came back as "unexpected numerical value" "1", any idea what this can mean, the doctor didnt mention this at all when i got the results, i am seeing another on monday
more frustration !

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Betty,

I'm sorry but I've never heard of it being expressed like that and have no idea what it means :( It sounds like an interpretation, not something the laboratory would write? If it was the ANA direct method of testing then anything under 120 is negative from memory. Another method of testing would list it as a titre like 1:80 or 1:160 and so it goes on.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Betty,

Sorry I can't help you either on this result!

To me the words 'unexpected numerical value' may mean that reuslts are negative, but they have never had a level as low...only my thoughts and probably way off!

Even though your doctor did not bring it up its always good to question things you don't understand!

Let us know how you get on with Modays visit!

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Betty, I just wanted to wish you well for your docs appt on Monday. Hopefully he will be able to explain it and then you can let us know!!!:lol:

Deb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my results, update

hi everyone
well, well i just got back from doctors and have discovered that my ANA test was in fact borderline, i have to go back in 3 months for a re test. meanwhile i am going to keep a diary and take pictures, which the doctor agreed was a good idea.
This has made me see that we must always ask questions and then ask again if we dont feel right about the answers we get.
My original doctor could not have understood the results and so passed the wrong information to me. had i not gone back today for a better explanation i would be no wiser, but still suffering from symptoms that i had no reason for. now maybe i do
I want to say that reading what you all have to say gave me the confidence to go back again, so i hope my bit of news helps someone else
best wishes to you all
betty1

·
4,445 Posts
Well done Betty1, it is your body and you have a right to understand the results....hope this is a first step to you having more insight as to what is going on... look after yourself.
Claire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow
today i have a headache that feels like its going to internally combust and my neck crackles when i move it (like the sensation you get in your mouth when you eat space dust)( yes i know its childish), also my vision has become blurred and i have floaty things across my eyes i have made an appointment to get my eyes tested, and my arms hurt, apart from that i am fine how about anyone else
betty1

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Thats sounds a very nasty headache betty. Make sure you take some painkillers and get some rest. Do you suffer from headaches or migraines normally? If it doesn'r clear up, I would get it checked by the doctor. Hope it improves for you soon.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Betty,

I think you should go to GP asap!

Headaches, floaty things and blurring may be nothing to do with eyes...good to get them checked though!

Do you suffer with high blood pressure, get GP to check this for you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.