The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry Rachel had such a bad time at her appointment. I felt good coming out of mine.

I haven't been to a rhuemy in about 4 years. My last one didn't care. So I go to this new one yesterday. It is about an hour away from my home. I had a two hour appointment time slotted. I was so tickled. The nurse took down all my meds(that always makes me embarrassed). He came in and asked a bunch of really good questions. Asked if I was depressed and told him no I was nervous being there. I wasn't nervous about him as a person but if I was going to get any help.

Then he did a physical exam. My malar rash was in full view. I couldn't feel when he stuck my hands and feet so he suspects nueropathy. Wasn't very happy about my nuerologist and said I need a new one. When he asked me to pull up my left foot I couldn't. Ah we may have an answer for the falling. Told me my left leg was weak.

In the end he said lupus, yes sjogren's, yes raynaud's, yes fibro,yes. And because the colon doc didn't do blood work for celiac and my stomach feel so good doing gluten-free that he thinks I may have it too. He also said I may have lost my thyroid to hashimotos. All autoimmune that piggy back.

They xrayed my hands, wrists, knees, ankles and feet. To check for rhuematoid arthitis I think. Took about 10 tubes of blood(I think they were vampires:lol:). Gave me a flu and pnuemonia shot. I also have to do a 24 hour urine test(whoopie).

I still have to get a TB test, chest x-ray, mri on my neck for a swollen lymph node(been there about 20 years), sleep study(cause I'm chubby:rolleyes: and need help to sleep), and try to get physical therapy to try to strengthen my leg.

I know this is long but I felt really good. Like someone is really checking out everything. He said right now he doesn't think there is any organ invovlement. In his words doesn't think it is fatal but I will hurt like you know what for the rest of my life(oh goody). He also said the swelling in my ankles is because of the lyrica so that I will just have to live with.

All and all I believe it was a good appointment. I am so thankful for this site and wanted to share some good stuff with you guys.

Stacy:)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's good news Stacy :)

I think it it reassuring to hear about the good appointments. After-all, quite a few of them are good and many of us have great doctors even if it took a while to find them.

I can't remember what meds you are already on? Do you have lupus specific meds and if not, what treatment regime was the doc suggesting? When is your next follow up?

I'm glad he picked up on the neuro things and he's right they do need to be watched properly.

Katharine

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Thats lovely news Stacey. It is so nice to hear about good docs appts. He sounds very nice and thorough. It must be nice to have a rheumy you can trust and feel confident with.

Deb x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
It is so nice to hear good stories and know that good doctors are out there.

I am thrilled for you Stacey.

Let us know how you make out with the results.

If you do not have a appt. until June do you have to wait that long for your results????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.