TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering...as I often do,why?if they have a million and one places to hide do spiders always choose to hide in a)my dressing gown b)my bath towel :eek:.This has always puzzled me especially as I have a phobia of them.The other day I felt a tickling down my back and just thought it was a label or something.You know how the tickle moves downwards and you get that sinking feeling?urgh! off came the dressing gown...not a pretty sight I can tell you..lots of rapid shaking and a big,black hairy,scary thing plopped onto the kitchen floor.I hate them!:hehe:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
:eek::eek: Poor you julsie!!!....they must sense your fear :)

That reminds me of when I was at school (a long,long time ago :hehe:) and my friend couldn't stop itching in class..then when she stood up to leave a cockroach fell out from under her skirt :eek: I am still traumatised :eek::hehe:

I hope your kitchen has blinds/curtains julise :lol:
love karen x

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No our kitchen doesn't have blinds and I think the sheep are traumatised:lol:
I think I would have felt the same as you when that cockroach dropped out.I thought I saw one on our kitchen floor the other day:eek:hubby and I were arguing about it,he said it was a beetle and I thought it was most definitely not.It was chewing on a piece of bread that had dropped on the floor..I do clean,honest.Anyway,I think it had an evil,snarly look on it's face:lol: definitely a cockroach,yuk!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Julsie - you must've read my mind! I was going to post a similar thread.

We have many spiders all called 'Boris' living with us and I hate them as much as you do. I got in to bed a couple of weeks ago and was happily reading my book when I felt something crawling up my leg! :eek: As hubby was away I knew it could only be one thing! Neighbours must've thought I was being attacked :lol:

I have to check the bath, the washing basket etc...... I'm sure we have the biggest spiders in the whole world! :hehe:

Karen - cockroaches......EWWWWW!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I quite like looking at bugs and spiders. I think they are fascinating.

However, I cannot cope with them actually ON me - even if they just run over my hand really fast. It sets me of with a bout of gagging and physical jerks instantly.

Cockroaches are just one of those things that real, really, really give me the heebie jeebies.

Many years ago (after Julie Garland, but before Take That) I moved into a nurses hostel. I moved in a few weeks later than the rest of the group and they took me out for the night after i got all my stuff in my room.

At the very last minute, just before i returned to my room, one of the girls shouted

'don't forget to stamp your feet for the last few steps towards your door, then rattle it before you enter!'.

Well i chortled and laughed as if i got the joke, did neither, then walked straight into my room which was CARPETED with cockroaches!

It was like a brown sheet and as the light startled them they all started to shoot off into crevices in different directions. They had been all over every surface including my bed. And i could HEAR htem moving!!!!!

When i managed to stop hyperventillating (sad to say) and regained the use of my legs (welded to the spot in case i touched one) I just shuffled backwards out of the doorway, closed the door, rang my old flat mate, and moved back in with her that same night.

I was so repulsed and shocked i actually went weak all over. I feel queezy recalling it.
I will never understand how that group just accepted they had visitors like that every time they left their rooms. I mean how could you actually go to sleep knowing they might come out and be ON YOU in the night??? UUUUUURGHKKKKK!

·
Registered
376 Posts
LoopyLoo;510827 said:
...We have many spiders all called 'Boris' living with us ...
That is just too funny. When our kids were little, they were terrified of spiders and we called them "Boris" as well. You could tell by the scream and we'd say "Is Boris back"? LOL We still don't like them!

Knock on wood, I have never seen a cockroach. I'm pretty sure I would have the house on the market in no time!

Nutty

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh,Alwin I have heard that about other nurses residences too,how horrible.I think I would have been running as fast as I could out of there too,akkk!
Pam,you're so right about the washing basket too,why do they like it in there?just when I haven't seen one for ages and I'm lulled into a false sense of security,a big ,hairy beast pops up from the bottom of the wash basket!:eek:the worst thing is,I can't kill them...I don't know if that's because of some sort of unconscious fear that it's family will come and get me:rolleyes:but I have to put them outside.I have hardened a bit though and will hoover them up if I find the little suckers in my children's bedrooms:blush:
Julsie

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
EWWWWWW- I HATE spiders!!!!!!!!!:grrr:
In our old house which was out in the "country"(for Southern Calif.) the bugs were bigger and more prevalent. I could feel the spiderscrawling over my hair on my pillow-more than once!! We had popcorn ceilings and apprently they liked it:hehe:
Thank God in this house I have only seen one spider.

How many of you have seen the movie "Arachnaphobia"?????? Gives me the willies!!

I also am extremely afraid of snakes and bees-go figure.

I shouldn't be thinking about this ickly stuff before bed:eek:

I don't think I have ever seen a cockroach and it sounds like I don't want to either.

Thanks for the great stories-ladies:rolleyes:

Becca

1 - 8 of 8 Posts