The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Honestly not moaning but I have a painful sore ulcer type thing just inside my nostril. It is very red and sore .
Anyone had this or know anything about them.

Had a bit of flare ( own fault didnt know when to stop ! ) and also every time I get red cheeks it leaves anopther permanent red spot on my cheek which is not raised or swollen but looks like measles. Now have about 10 of them and they dont fade.
Oh well, onwards and upwards and more make up when I want to look normal !

Pam

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Pam,

I posted about this some time ago.
I do suffer with ulcers in the nostrils and mouth too.
They are painful and annoying.
Time usually calms them down and a little Vaseline to soften the area helps.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Pam, I get nasal ulcers as well, they are so painful. Last time I had a really bad one,it wouldnt heal and the gp prescribed some cream for me. Can't remember what it was called.

Hope yours heals soon!

Deb x

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
hi as yet undiagnosed but do get nose ulcers very very painful along with mouth ulcers.i also use vaseline it helps when they get dry.
countrylass

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Another thing that can help a lot with nasal sores/ulcers is calendula cream - available at any chemists. It has healing properties but won't dry your skin. It is also slightly antiseptic.

Katharine

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi, I too suffer with those damned sores in my nose.. usually right on the very inside of the nose.. never far in.. and they scab at times.. or stay open. I use vasaline (sp?) for the most part.. but lots of it.. I noticed that the minute the sores dry out the more pain I am in.. I used bactroban ointment once and that helped out right away.. was a prescribed ointment. Good luck.

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
So far the vaseline isnt helping the soreness and they are just inside the nose.
pain in the neck isnt it ?
Havent had any mouth ulcers for ages since a month after starting being treated so fingers crossed they have gone, except the advantage os them was my mouth was too sore to eat so never put weight on !

I will ask for those ointments at the chemist next week and see if they help.

Thanks the tips and once again, good to know you are not alone
Pam

·
Registered
432 Posts
Argh nose ulcers-the bane of my life!! So painful, totally sympathise!! I have cream from the dr called bactroban i think...seems to fix them. xxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I have heard excellent reports of Bactroban Nasal for nasal ulcers.
I realise I had a nasal ulcer as one of my very first signs, years before I was diagnosed so I thought nothing much of it. It used to come and go. It starts coming back if I go off my medicines. Sometimes they can go right through the septum which causes major probs with docs who are unfamiliar as they assume drug use. Vaseline is reckoned unsuitable for healing as it excludes.

I guess you could try tea tree oil locally for its antibacterial and quick healing properties then use something like Eucerin healing ointment.

Good luck with getting them cleared soon.

Hugs

Clare

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Pamela,

I would go and see you GP get some Bactroban prescribed....perhaps it is also supplied by the chemist without the need of a prescription (may be called something else!).

I find vaseline only helps as a preventer not to heal.

Take care and let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Pamela,

My dr, prescribed some prednisone cream for both the nasal sores I get, and the oral sores I get. It feel like it has sand it it..really! :lol:, but it works very well at clearing up the sores..

Best wishes,
Sandy

·
Registered
170 Posts
nasal ulcers

Hi, yes me too!!! cant believe how many of these symptoms I have had for years without even knowing they were anything to be concerned about. Will be so glad when the tests all come back, I have RA, being tested now for Lupus, and going to ask to be referred to optimology for sjogrens test too. Its only this time last year, when in so much pain, that I asked for tests, at first they said no need its OA, eventually had the rheumatoid factor test, it was positive. That wasnt until March, then first rheumy visit in July. It is so hard to get anyone to listen, they seem to think its all in my head!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.