TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who gets really ill in dizzy when I go into a store with florescent lighting. I swore today I was going to eather pass out or vomit today in the pet food store : (

·
Registered
163 Posts
I get a dizzy-confused feeling when I go into super bright lit stores. Also very achy and fatigued. I went the other night to lowes to pick out stuff for a bathroom remodel and came home with nothing because I couldn't wait to get out of there. Don't know if my bathroom will ever get finished!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Lucy,

Sadly no, you aren't alone in that one. I am badly affected by them and am quite lupie by the time I get out of the store. Confused and dazed is a good description, add a rash, joint pain and a total worsening of my movement disorder to that and you get the picture :rolleyes: It's very frustrating but I wearing sunscreen helps a little but not a lot.

love
Lily

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

Nope you're not alone. I think that I'm pretty lucky in that I react quite mildly but I do get very light headed, often unexplainably hot and also nauseous.
The next day I'm always really really knocked out. I don't know if it is from the lights or from the extra "activity" (makes me laugh to call it that but...).

When I think, that when I used to teach, every single client's office where I worked had strip lighting...

Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have even temporarily lost the use of my legs in a shop with fluorescent lighting, needed to be wheelchaired out very quickly to be sick. That was a real low point.

X Lola

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi, oh my I get very hot, to the point where before I am out of the store my hair is dripping wet and I am sure the owners think I am stealing something, I also have nausea so bad, then the pain hits, then by the time I am in the check out line I am unsually leaning on the counter and about to pass out. I will though now use the sunblock more often., The grocery store I usually go to has given me my very own key to those little electric carts so I can ride around their huge store. But walking to the car is still a difficult task. Sometimes I think I ought to carry an umbrella into the store.:rain: Karly

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the whole sick in the store could become a good thing.... save myself some money. Hee Hee. Gotta be positive : )
It is very strange in stores though because its almost like I go blank. I sweat, get confused and get the wave of panic and nausea.
My sweet mom did buy some great sunscreen, so lets keep our fingers crossed that I will my old shopaholic self again. :hehe:

·
Registered
67 Posts
ooo this is interesting - I get those symptoms too in shops - but I thought I was developing a bit of a phobia and that was what was causing me to get dizzy, sick and confused and can't wait to get out of there - only happens in shops though - wonder if it could be the lighting and not be going bonkers.... mmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts