The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Yesterday had left red blood shot eye. Then last night left neck pain, resulting in full blown migraine, whole head. Both of my eyes are swollen a bit and the left one blood shot. Nothing is taking the headache away.
Assuming that the red eye is related? And neck pain ?

:sad: Not a good day at the least. I feel like falling over.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would guess bacterial eye infection but you do not mention pus? With the lid swelling is that red too? If it is red with swelling, then that's cellulitis which can definitely also cause a headache although have not heard of it causing a neck pain as well. I would take a trip to the doctor if it doesn't clear up soon. Cellulitis needs to be treated with antibiotics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
the blood shot eye could be scleritis or episcleritis - I think both of these can be related to lupus.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Paula!

It sounds like you are feeling miserable!

I often get neck pain associated with migraines that the neuro can't explain. It feels like my neck is going to snap if I bend it in any direction.

Although migraines are vascular in nature, I suspect your eye is a coincidence. Does it feel gritty in addition to being red?

I hope you feel better very soon!

Terri

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi,:there:
I too get neck pain and blood shot eyes with my migraines. I do not understand what comes first-neck pain or the migraine. My eyes get so red from who knows what-another mystery:lol:

I hope you are feeling better. I am wondering if you have allergies? Mine were so bad, that I ended up getting a sinus infection and that headache would not go away until day 3 on anti-biotics. My eyes were very red with a sinus infection too.

Let us know what you find out.

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot I even posted this ...... :rotfl:

But the eye stayed red for three days and had the severe head pain which started on left side up the neck to the head, then moved to the right side neck (upper neck into the head so maybe it is considered the head?) and then this lasted for three days and took everything I could take.

I know bad, I actually overtook, but couldn't stand the pain.

Exedrin Migraine helped take the edge off.

Better days ahead !!!! Thank you for the responses.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey Paula,

I too have been experiencing blood red eyes with pus dried in the corners. Recently i have had pain in my right neck and a dull headache.. Yesterday i took my temperature and it was 97.6 and bp was 120/86. So i didn't worry as much.

Today i took my temp because this neck pain and dull head ache is lasting too long if you ask me,,, mytemp was 99.6. Haven't taken my bp yet but i will and it will probably read the same.

Sinuses have been very active with a constant drip in the back of my throat causing me to cough and blow my nose alot.

I have sjogrens and am prone to sinusitis yearly.

Whatever this is it needs to stop asap.

Good Luck
Take Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts