TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :hehe:
I have been diagnosed with lupus for 3 years now and have alot of joint pain, fatigue, rashes. One of my most debilitating symptoms has been neck pain and headaches. I have done the dance with prednisone. My rheumy finally ordered a MRI of my neck and I have 2 herniated discs with cord impingment and a cyst on my spinal cord called a syrinx. She then sent me to a neurosurgeon, who said my symptoms aren't bad enough for surgery. I don't know whats next. The pain in my neck and the headaches are daily and very painful. Pain medication and rest do help but I don't want to live on pain meds - It makes it very difficult to work. Anyone else have anything similiar? Any advice? Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've had a lot of neck pain. It is always my biggest area of concern when I go for a massage. When I've asked my rheumetologist he's always said it isn't Lupus related.

A

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I believe that you need to seek out a second opinion. Anytime that you have a neck injury, you should know what limitations you have and get a game plan together.With the type of injury you are describing, if not managed properly, you could do perminentand irreversible nerve damage not to mention possibly putting yourself in worse danger. My advice would be to get a referral to a Neurosurgeon and one that specializes in necks. The sooner the better. This is an area you cannot mess around with.

As for this injury being related to Lupus, it is probably unlikely. The injury that you are describing almost sounds like a lifting injury or something. As for the pain, that could very well be related. However, that aside, it is very important that you seek out a second opinion.

Good luck
Nancy

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
aw bless, fancy telling you itsa not bad enough, ok for him, not him living with it bless you.

I would go ans eek another Dr, hope things get sorted for you keep us up to date

take care Hugs Lin xxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts