The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone tell me-is it ''normal'' to get THE rash on your neck as well as face, the nape of my neck and upper chest are really blotchy and so so tender!:(
Love Rachel

·
Registered
50 Posts
For me - a definite yes!

I was told by the dermie that my skin on my both face and neck/chest are very badly damaged.

The 1st day I went out without a polo neck on this year, just a high-cut long-sleeved t-shirt the rash re-appeared despite wearing SPF 50. I hate the summer!

I think if you have SSA/anti-ro antibodies you can be extremely photosensitive, leading to lovely rashes and sore skin. For me, these are here to stay for the summer. My advice would be slap loads of sun screen on, cover up, and be careful with showers as I found this makes the skin more sensitive.

Hope it clears up soon and the pain subsides - I know what you're going through!

Sammy

·
Registered
705 Posts
The rash appears on my neck, forehead and cheeks, but the neck only after full exposure to the sun. This is with sunscreen too. Sorry, but it isn't just the cheeks according to what my doctor has told me.

So sorry your neck is tender. Lupus can be such a drag! :hug: Feel better and don't forget that sunscreen.

Love, Pollyanna :love2:

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Neck Rash

Hi Rachel my neck is the first place that the rash appears on then top of my chest my mum and sister were in the other night we were sitting haveing a cup of tea and my sister said that the whole of my neck and chest looked like i burned it not in this weather:) :) but it is not sore to touch it hope you get some reileif from it elizabeth

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I tend to get a sun sensitive rash on my forearms, the V of my neck, and the classic butterfly rash when I've been out in the sun. Especially if it's the first few times in the spring after our long winter. I think the V of the neck is fairly common... I've noticed other people writing about it here in the past at least.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have anti-ro antibodies and am extremely sun sensitive. My neck is usually the first to turn bright red (like it has been slapped a few times).
Sometimes, I notice it stings a bit, but not tender.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sun rash

I am extremely sun sensitive, any bare skin goes red and on a bad day it goes through my clothes as well. My face swells so that I have a heavy brow and jowly cheeks - such a pretty picture - hence my collection of parasols

Squiffy

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I get it on my chest....as well as the face at times.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Rachel

I get a rash on my neck as well. In fact I dont have the typical butterfly rash at all but I have a consistent redness on the V of my neck down to my chest and both sides of my neck. It looks like a sunburn.

Sometimes it doesnt bother me and other times it stings like a sunburn.

Has the rash just recently appeared? It might be an indication that you are flaring. When do you have your next appointment?

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joan,

No the rash is a long time friend of mine-it's just around more the the moment and there is more of it!!!:rotfl:

Rachel

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same on my chest, neck and face. I have also been very curious about that.

Mine gets red after sun exposure and then when I'm really tired. I have often wondered if this is the real deal. Can anyone tell me if their rash gets brighter and then paler with in a day or so? I will get very red and then it will be much lighter when I wake up in the morning.

So many questions! Thanks Layla

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Layla, yes it can vary in intensity during the course of a day, from bright red to a faint blush. Mine is the typical malar (butterfly rash), also the V of my neck and lately my arms and chest even though they aren't exposed to the sun. If I've been in the sun or under fluro lights it tends to burn a bit even with sunscreen.

love
Lily

1 - 12 of 12 Posts