The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
There are some good doctors at Emerson Hospital which is just outside Boston and some also have offices in the city. I had a similar experience at B&W in the Rheumatology/Arthritis Center and stopped going even though they took things seriously. A 5 minute appointment didn't justify a 2.5 hour ride for me or my husband. Good luck :blush:

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I just sent you a private message.

·
Banned
202 Posts
I too would love to know if anyone finds a GOOD doctor in the Mass. Please post or private message me. I went to the head of the Lupus Clinic at B&W and found her nice enough just wasn't what I was hoping for. SOmething about being told to take just Aleve for severe symptoms that just threw me. I don't know. I find the care for adults with Lupus is soooo different then what children get, at least when I was first dx as a kid. My care was handled so well. I miss it.

Thanks
Pam

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hi Ladies

I want to make it clear that there is no reason not to make good mention of doctors here in fact please do ! :) We can't accept adverse comments, that's all.

Clare
For the Moderators

·
Registered
1 Posts
dotors in Boston area

Hi,

I'm new to this site and like the rest of you I'm looking for a good MD I live in Western Ma and have been driving to the B&W center. I would love any information that you have regarding treatment for MCTD and doctors who have some background in treating this.

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mass doctors

Oh, please please share names of good doctors in Massachusetts. I'm so glad I checked here before I booked at B&W. Right now I'm going to Umass in Worcester ..... I liked the doctor but she never really addressed my depression (be gentle please - it is the first time I have ever admitted to the "D" word); she just mentioned that I didn't seem too positive and that was after I had fought through it on my own. She also refused to write a letter excusing me from jury duty; I know my body and I knew that by November I would be extremely tired and bitchy (can I say that on here?). I'm only good in the summer time when I can sleep until I wake up ... (I work in a school)

Anyways, someone who has had a great experience with a doctor please please write me. And thank you in advance. I should have become a member of this site a couple of years ago instead of just lurking in the background.

Ann

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think we should petition to name names, it's not illegal and we could do it in a way that isn't slanderous. Doctors can and do write their personal opinions on our chart all the time and it follows us true or not.

Or perhaps we could have a section where we list that someone has posted to ratemd.com or one of those external sites that's reputable. Just a thought since so many of us are told to go to Boston like it's oz and we have similar experiences. My local rheum is just starting to come around and treat me after so long and I did get diagnosed in Boston by 2 of the "best" but no treatment.

It's late and I have low blood sugar so forgive me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts