The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right now I'm seeing a Dr. about an hour away .She's the closest rheumy. I'm not at all happy with her recommendations . She refused to give me any kind of meds to help me sleep at night ( I wake up every night around 4am in pain and toss and turn till I get up. I haven't had a restful nights sleep in ages). She told me to instead to get up ,stand around till I get bored ,then try going back to bed. She said there was nothing she could do to help me. ( I also have fibromyalgia) Well I think that's a pretty stupid answer and would like a 2nd opinion. Santa Barbara is about 3 hours south of me and the closest large city. Ant recommendations for a Dr? Either a rheumy ,or a good fibro Dr. in that area?
Thanks ,Kate

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Kate,

I live south of Santa Barbara and my first round of lupus I had a rheumy in Santa Barbara for several years. He is retired now. I drive all the way into Los Angeles and feel it is worth it. I know for you that would make a very long drive. Try searching this forum with Santa Barbara as your search. You might also think of Monterey I think there was a member or two in that city who found a decent rheumy.

Take care,
Karen

1 - 2 of 2 Posts