The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening all

ive not posted for a while but frequently dip in and out of forum. I wondered if i could ask, does anyone know of a good rhumatologist in west surrey or would i able to get a referral to guys even though i dont live in london. Can the gp refuse if i ask him to refer me there. My diagnosis seems to be primary sjogrens syndrome (at the moment) but i am still being frequently tested for lupus.

many thanks annie:)

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You could certainly be referred to a London Hospital. I go to London from the Isle of Wight. If you go to St. Thomas's (Louise Coote Lupus Clinic) you will get a first appointment fairly quickly. Follow ups tend to be too far apart though.
If you do go there I would thoroughly recommend Dr. D'Cruz.

There is also the London Lupus Centre, which is privately run, which can be handy for sorting out your diagnosis or using to top up NHS appointments if necessary.

Hope this helps,
x Lola

·
4,435 Posts
Guildford

HI Annie, don't know if you are aware that the old Rheumatologists in Guildford retired last year/eighteen months ago... I see Dr Li, the new one! who diagnosed me very promptly last year, following five months of joint pains etc etc.
I also visitied the Lupus Centre, London Bridge and saw one of the Lupus Consultants, which was helpful but didn't improve on the care I have received from Dr. Li, who seems very informed.
Obviously it is a personal issue so you will have to make up your own mind. Please make sure you tell him exactly how it is as I tended to go in with a smile on my face saying 'yeah, not too bad' when actually I was in agony!!

All the best xClaire

PS My diagnosis is MCTD, predominantly SLE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts