The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday morning I started running a slight fever and was having bad headaches. Same thing happened on Tuesday morning. The fever and headaches had subdued some throughout the day then I started having to run to the bathroom Tuesday afternoon. I kept having to urinate every few minutes and normally it would only be just a little. Wednesday morning I felt a little better but still had the slight fever. I went home Wednesday night after work and slept all evening. I woke up about 9:30, took my meds and then went back to sleep for the rest of the night. I woke up this morning at about 7 and just had to force myself to get out of the bed. I am still tired, still have a slight fever, headache, and just feel awful.

I hate to "run" to the doctor and I am trying really hard to work today. I just wondered if anyone had experienced these type symptoms and if it is something that I should go to doctor for. I have only been diagnosed with lupus for less than 1 year and still haven't completely leveled out yet so I'm not real sure when something is wrong and not just the lupus.

Any help and advice will be appreciated. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I would go to the fever with those symptoms, I would be a bit concerned about a UTI or bladder infection. It would be more important to go to the doctor if you are on prednisone or any other immune suppressing drug.

It is possible it could be a lupus flare too, but the only way to know for sure would be to get some things checked out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response Maia. I am still on 7.5 mgs of prednisone every day. I have been taking prednisone for quite a while now and I am slowly coming off. I just can't seem to shake this bad feeling that I have although the fever goes away. I feel like if I sleep for a while I might feel better. I'm just not sure what to do.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Maia has given great advice. Could you not drop a sample off at the doc so they can check for a uti? I am sure your doc wouldn't mind seeing you to check you out for an infection. Hope that you feel better soon.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I would at least give my doctor a call and see what they want to do about it.
With these symptoms, my doctors would want me seen and have things checked out. With the weekend coming up, you should at least give them the chance to see you.
Sally

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi

I would check it out with the GP or give your rheumy a call to b on the safe side

Dont b like me just get used to feeling like crap,:eek: becomes normal 4 you.

BUT ITS NOT normal to feel like this. Just a blood test or urine sample can tell

take care

dixy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.