The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Hi everyone, I hope that you all are fine. I am in a pickle, and I need some advice from those of you that take cellccept. I have been on it at 500mg. at a.m. and 500mg.
at pm. for about two -2 1/2 yrs. I was feeling fine with only the normal "bad" day every so often. At my last appt, my Rheumy said that due to my small size, 5 ft.0" and 102 lbs,she was going to cut my dose in half. I did, and as far as I am concerned, I have never felt so bad for so long since being dx. I would like to knowif anyone that is on celcept, thinks this should not be cut down, cause I think it is harmless, and should I ask to be put back on the regular dose. I really felt better when I was on it twice a day.
I would so much appreciate any thoughts and comments,as
you guys always make sure that you never let me down, and you are all great. thanks.,:worried:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I am on 500mg twice a day with no issue and it has reduced my connective tissue pain.

I am 5'4 and 154 lbs - I've never heard of the dose being reduced due to height/weight. If you had no issue before then I would go back to your doc and mention how bad you feel.

hope you feel better soon

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I am on cellcept, and have been for almost a year. I was taking 500mg 2X a day but started to have breakthrough...steroids helped, so now I am on 500mg 3 a day 1 in AM and 2 in PM. Dr told me that I could go up to 2000mg a day if necessary, but they prefer 1000mg. If 1500 works when I am off steroids and bloods remain OK we will stay there, otherwise we will try some RA drugs.

I am 5'2" and weigh 132, altough right now I am up to 139 due to steroid weight gain.

Perhaps you can get some information from Roche about dosage recommendations? Then you can see your Dr with better information.

Hope you feel better soon

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

I take 1000 mgs both, am and pm. I am 5' 4'' and weigh 142 lbs.

I was on 1500 mgs a day, and it did help with joint pain, but I had terrific headaches..blanched white, from the neck up..really felt like, I was on the verge of a stroke. I knew deep inside myself, that I was going to die, if the Cellcept didn't work with my headaches..

I know, that statement sounds really dramatic, but I knew it.

I say, tell your doc. how miserable you feel..If you feel better on the higher dose, sometimes..it.. is, just necessary.

Afterall, who wants to take more of a drug that has the potential to harm us?

Only you, and your dr, can determine, if your quality of life is effected enough..to, need a higher dose.

I hope you feel better soon Stephanie. :hug:

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Oops!

Sorry, Stephanie...I just realized, I should have addressed halfpint.

Guess, I better go to bed...:lol:

Love,
Sandy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts