TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I went by the hospital to pick up my blood work and urine because the results never make it to the rhemo cause he is out of state and not feeling well.

There are some things now in the urine

all high are protein, rbc, renal epithelial cells, bacteria, mucos

in blood MCH is high and RDW is high

otherwise WBC is normal and creatinine is right at the top number of the high end, but still considered normal.

Do you think there could be infection going on without my wbc showing up and no signs of uti.

And do you think the Immuran could alter these things? I really don't think the protein in urine would be from the med.

I will call my doc in the morning and get those results over to him.

thanks on any advice or knowledge.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Paula, I don't know if this helps but my Daughter has a lot of UTIs, sometimes all sorts of things show up and she is okay, other times nothing shows up and she is in a lot of pain. Seems to be quite variable.
x Lola

·
Registered
82 Posts
Paula, wanted to post to you real quick and give you hugs. Yes, call the doc tomorrow to talk over the results to get some answers. My brain's in a fog at the moment and I, unfortunately, am running on battery power (the cord broke, ugh) and whizzing through here. Wanted to post something to you - plus tell you I've missed you. I hope you get your answers quickly and feel better soon! Lots of hugs!!

Love -- SusieBB

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
I don't know what to say, Paula, because my experience with UTI's and blood in my urine are so specific to me. I have interstitial cystitis. Long story you don't want to read. But I do agree you should talk to your dr. first thing in the morning.

Many hugs and hope that you get answers and feel better soon.

Sunny

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I am a bit disappointed with my rhemo, he called and said don't do anything. I asked if an infection, he said probably not.

I asked if I should continue with the Immuran in case an infectino is starting, he said keep taking.

Unless you urinate frequently or burning, no need to give an antibiotic.

I told him I urinating less frequently. He said we'll just watch.

I am feeling a little skeptical with his advice as nothing like this appeared in my urine ever. But he is the doctor I suppose.

I'll wait to see if my gp calls me back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts