The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know what your plugs look like. I think I know (good old google), but I wanted to check to make sure. I travel with a coaguchek machine so I can check my inr and adjust my coumadin as necessary. Those of you who have a coaguchek will know that they come with a variety of plugs. I long ago stopped travelling with the whole shotting match - that carry bag is so big - I just wrap my monitor in bubblewrap and bury it in my suitcase. Much easier - but, it does mean I need to know which plug attachment to take.

The one I think I need to take has two flat prongs that face each other (parallel, not slanted) and have a hole in the end of each prong.

I think I will take my NZ one with me, as I will buy an adaptor at the airport for my various chargers I have to take, but I would still prefer to have the correct plug for my coaguchek.

thanks guys

raglet

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Raglet:

In the US our plugs do indeed have two parallel flat bars - Sometime we have a third one below the two parallel and it is round (that is a ground plug) either will work. We have 110 out of our outlets.

Have a great vacation - Love Stephanie

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm glad you answered her question

I sure am glad you answered her question for this morning I came in and had massive brain fog and couldn't answer this to save my life! :rotfl:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Raglet,

I don’t know if it is just a matter of a plug. In the UK we have a higher voltage then in the USA. When I moved to England from USA I had the plug and the converter unit to decrease the amount of voltage our electrical items burnt out. The plugs in the USA have 2 parallel and an optional third for ground which is round. It looks like this

׀ ׀ ׀ ׀

You also need to check to see about the voltage. When I go back home I never bring any of my electrical items, I beg and barrow. It would be terrible to break an expensive piece of equipment so I think you should enquire at a proper store or ask an electrician. If your going to Florida, watch out for the electrical storms they will burn your thing out. When I lived in Florida, I lost TV’s computers and so on even though I had the protected lightning surge things, so keep it unplugged.

I hope this helped.

Stacie

·
Registered
995 Posts
I Hope you enjoy your visit to Canada. we are all friendly here eh!!!!

the ladies are right about the plug. stacie's picture is right. but I dont know about the voltage. our is 110

if you are in Ottawa ,I would love to meet you. I am not sure where you are traveling ?

goats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts