The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I'm waiting to go back to St Thomas's for my followup appointment and I was told I had crossover between sjogren's and lupus. I've been dxd with MS, sjogrens and raynauds in the past 3 years and there have been many questions that remain unanswered I hope you can answer some of them for me.
I have a positive ANA, RNP and RF 34 what does this actually mean?
My nails have became hard and brittle does lupus cause this?
And also sometimes my whole body goes very pale skined, then alittle later its ok, I'm not anaemic but no one seems to know why. Has any one had similar problems?
My problems have been complicated the last 3 years and I seem to be passed around to so many doctors, and I'm now hoping to get some firm answers.
Stella

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's really hard to say what those test results mean without relating them to your symptoms. That combination of positive bloods is often found in MCTD, but again, your symptoms are just as important (if not more important) than your blood test results. If the RNP is very high, it's more suggestive of MCTD. However, those positive bloods can also be found with SLE too! That's why all your symptoms are just as important...

Have to cut this short - DD just got up! I hope your follow up appointment is soon & they can answer your questions :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts