The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just to let you know i went to see my nephew today at the hospital.
Sadly he needs another operation as he needs to have a shunt put in his brain also they may have to remove his left eye as they cannot stop the bleeding from it.
His injuries are as follows
78 staples in his head
8 ribs broken
injury to left eye
cannot see very good out of right eye
broken cheek bones
broken front teeth
I was so glad they allowed us to see him although it was heartbreaking doing so.
The police have arrested them and told my sister that they now will be charged with attempted murder as this is what they had intended to do to him.
Luckily his girl friend was with him and another witness has come foreward.
My sister looks so ill with all this and we are still keeping our fingers crossed everything goes ok as they are operating tonight.
I will let you know what the outcome is when i hear more, in the meantime thanks for all your prayers.

Sandy

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I moved your thread to the appropriate location (Friends & Family is for others to write about their concerns for a friend/family member with lupus).

I hope he continues to make steady progress... and the next surgery is a success. At least the people who did this have been identified and will be brought to justice. Best wishes to you, your family, and your nephew for continued improvement.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Sandy i pray everything goes well for your nephew, and hope they get whats comming to htem,

hugs Lin xxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Poor Lad :sad: I hope the operation goes as well as it can and that the days ahead see ongoing improvement. That left eye injury sounds bad though:worried:

Hurray for his girlfriend and that other witness. I hope they get the support they will need through this difficult time as well. The people who did this need to be taken off the streets for sure.

Lots of love and strength to all your family
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
oh no, how awful for you and your family, and mostly of all for your nephew.

My thoughts are with you and your family, and I am sending lots of positive healing wishes for the surgery.

regards

raglet

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
We will keep thinking of him Sandy and hope that all goes well. I am reassured that people can make the most unbelievable recoveries after seeing what happened to my nephew who had similar injuries (though he remained in a coma much longer) after falling from the roof of a hotel onto concrete and smashing his entire face and head. You certainly couldn't tell to look at him now.

Katharine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts