The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

For the past couple of days, I have had nerve pain around my right hip, going into my abdomin, around to my lower back and down the outside of my thigh. I can't see to do anything to get rid of it and if I touch it the pain gets worse. I don't know what I could have done to provoke this. Any suggestions to relieve the pain?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((((((((Lullrich)))))))))))) :hug:

Are you able to take anti-inflammatories or are you already on them? It's possible some of this pain is from the fibroids, I know I had similar pain when I had my fibroids and anti-inflamms did help, when they didnt help I found codeine did. Are you able to see your GP tomorrow for some pain relief?

In the meantime I found hot packs helped. Some people find that alternating between hot and cold helps more, for me hot packs were good.

I also liked tiger balm rubbed on the skin and got some relief from that provided it doesnt worry your skin too much. I think there are other pain relieving gels that might do a good job too.

I hope you feel better soon.

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

I hope your feeling better very soon. Nerve pain is miserable. Lily, had some excellent suggestions..Can't add anything. Best Wishes.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I too am having similar pain and at night it being the worst as I can't even lay on that side.

I use heat which works and sometimes my pain med and sometimes just advil.

I am doing some strengthening exercises for the hip and back but don't have any answers as to yet if it makes worse or better.

I hope that you feel better soon.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Lull, I am sorry that you are in so much pain, are you able to get much sleep? One of the best pain-rubs that I have ever used is called
"icy-hot", it used to smell, but now it is out in a no-smell tube or jar. I do know that as far as a rub of any kind goes, it is hard to get relief if the pain is deep within a nerve, but give these things a try. And please call your Dr. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your replies.

Lily,

I was thinking maybe the fibroid was causing it. I was supposed to have my post op/pre op appointment tomorrow, but they called today and rescheduled for Monday since the doc is ill.

I tried stretching last night hoping to relieve whatever was pinched, but it didn't do anything. I will try heat tonight and anti-inflam and see if that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts