The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Sorry to keep jumping in and moaning.
I was dx earlier this year and am back at the consultants on Friday and am for the first time ever very scared. I dont know why but I am.
I had a CT scan and ACTH stimulation test, am certain I would have heard if they were bad. This was beacsue my sodium, glucose and cortsyol were low and pottassium high in blood.
I am on pred ( down to 5mg ) and anti malaria and to be honest not much better than I ever was before
I am scared that they will say there is nothing wrong it is in my head and take away the meds as they are not helping anyway.
I have never felt like this about a hospital visit and ahve loads in the past 4 years
I used to be so confident and assured but not about this appointment.
Am I being plain silly ?
So sorry but you are the only ones I can say such things to as my family would think I am being silly

Pam

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
((( Pam ))) it is only natural to feel apprehensive before a hospital visit. Have you prepared any questions you wish to ask or have you a list of troublesome symptoms since your last visit? If you are nervous it is best to be prepared.

Your rheumy may well alter the meds if they are not helping you sufficiently. Your bloods are obviously showibng something isn't right, so you won't just be dismissed.

I hope it goes well for you, let us know how you get on.

Take care

Deb x

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Pam,

After what you probably went through just to get a diagnosis it is understandable for you to be apprehensive this time around. Being prepared for the appointment will help you. Make a list of anything new happening. Also write down any questions you need answered. A few slow deep breaths and listening to your favorite music on the way may help also.

Good luck with the appointment. Let us know how it goes.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Pam,

I think we all are nervous going to the rhumey. I have one this coming Friday and I am nervous about going.

I don't think you will be dismissed. You have a lot going on. Maybe some tweaking of your meds might happen.

Let us know how it goes for you. Take care.

Love,
Lyn

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all

I dont know why I am like this over this one, it has nt really bothered me before and am just worrying over nothing I guess.
As I said to my husband last night I seem to ahve spent 4 years being poked and half naked in front of a lot of strangers and it just seems to be getting to me at the moment.
I guess I expected to be better by now and ma despondent that i am not.
Anyway onwards and upwards and will let you all know what happens

Thank you so much for your care and support, would not get throught his without you all
Pam

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI

I was back at consultant Friday and all my worries were not needed really. there is a slight kidney problem but nothing to worry about and they will watch carefully and have upped my steroids slightly to 10mg to see if this helps things.

They ahve also given my amytrypline ( sorry if spelling wrong ) to see if this will help with my sleeping troubles but I am going to talk to my doctor before I take it because I am not sure if I should be taking it with other anti depressents I am on.
I think this is something they forgot or am i wrong again ?

I am happy with my care as I know they are all doing their best. having a new GP who I can actually talk to and be confident with makes such difference.

Thanks all
Pam

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Pamela,

I'm glad to hear the appointment went well. I think we have all had that fear (however irrational to may seem to others) at some time or other :hug:

It's good that they are keeping a close eye on you and I hope the pred does the trick.

You're right to check with your doc if you're not sure about the anti-depressant. Consultants can sometimes forget other meds if they weren't the ones to prescribe them and it's always better to be sure.

Hopefully, if you can take it, the amitrypiline will help. It can be very useful both for sleep patterns and for fibro-like pain if you have that.

Katharine

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Katherine

The girla t the pharmacy says a lot of people cant tolerate that drug ? Is this true or is she just being careful
my Gp is back in Wednesday so will leaver her a message
Regards
Pam

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi again,

I think that like all drugs, there will be people that do and people that don't. I have found that what I tolerate has nothing to do with what's on the leaflet or what I have heard from others but just an individual thing - I was put on one med for example and couldn't take the side effects yet with another, equally reputable for such side-effects... nothing! I think you just have to try (if the GP hives the go ahead) and keep a positive frame of mind towards it.

Lots of people here take amytripiline and find it very helpful.

Best of luck with it :)
Katharine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.