The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all , was diagnosed with fibro 4 years ago, and now after two years of rashes after exposure to the sun they seem to think i have lupus. I gave birth to my 3rd child 7 months ago and was wondering whether being pregnant with lupus will cause her any to have any problems. Also my 15 year old is complaining of muscle pain! Are my children predisposed to any of the conditions that i have. I am adopted so do not know much about my family history , however the little i do know is as follows: my natural grandfather was severely disabled with rheumatoid arthritis and my natural grandmother had kidney problems and was on dyalisis for years ,when she finally passed away due to kidney failure. I am concerned that it may be hereditary, can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the welcome. At the moment I am on cocodamol 30/500 and fluoxetine. am going for session with light machine soon. Just want a final diadnosis so that i know what to expect. My daughter is15 and complains alot about aches, she has given up kayaking as she said she felt she didnt have the strength. I do not want to take her to the doctor unnesicerily- thinki spelt that wrong- brain fog-lol- as they have enough to deal with in listening to all my complaints. but i also want to make sure that she is ok! sometimes i dont know what to do for the best.Mandy.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lily,
yes, they are going to expose spots of skin on my back to different exposures of sunlight through a machine, I will then have to go back the next day to see how my skin has reacted. I don't know why they are doing this, but the doctor did say that my skin is severely affected, so they need to find out what spectrum of rays I react to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.