The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on the site a few times in the past. but here I am again. I am almost 30, live in ny, married, have sle with hx nephritis. i take nsaids, plaquenil. Basically I have been trying to have a baby for 1 and half years now. Been using fertility drugs for 6 months now, no luck and now I feel like I am having a flare. I saw my rheumy, waiting on lab results.

Need some serious advice. They next stop is ivf ugh!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site from a fellow New Yorker!

I am sorry you are having trouble getting pregnant. It is surely frustrating and stressful, I know. I myself have not had any problems but have several friends who did both hormone cycles and IVF with positive results.

What my friends have told me is they believe the stress of it all definitely contribued to it, and when they finally let their guard down and had a bit too much wine one weekend they were pleasantly surprised to be pregnant. Obviously, that is not always the case for everyone and it is easier to say "relax" than done.

That being said, I currently have two very good friends happily expecting a set of twins after several years of trying and many fertility treatments. It does work, but it takes time.

Dont give up, keep the lines of communication open between you and your doctors and come here whenever you need support and advise.

Take care,
Sharon

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sharon!

Yesterday was just another disappointing day of finding out that last months cycle didn't work, so I was emotional. I am trying to let my guard down, but it is really difficulty.

Especially now that I am feeling my lupus symptoms act up. I am actually waiting to hear from my rheumy today on what the status of my labs is. I really do appreciate your responding.

I heard that nsaids can sometimes be a factor, have you heard that meantioned. I am going to do a search on the site today to see if there are any postings that come up.

Erin :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
NSAID use has been associated with infertility - if I remember right kinda hurts the chances of successful implantation so if you have to go with IVF you would want to be off NSAID's since that is so expensive. Getting off them now may help greatly as well!

Have they done an IUI (intra-uterine insemination)? My understanding is that is usually the next step after clomid & usually done before IVF. It all depends on the likely cause of your infertility though too.

There are many good articles on NSAID use and infertility as well if you do google search you should find many of them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm sorry that I have no advice to you...I can relate with knowing how hard it is to want a baby so badly and not get it when you want it.
I'm sure it feels like forever to you, but you still have time and options. Keep positive, there are a lot of crazy tricks people try before IVF...I'd try them all if it was me.
Good luck...keep us posted on how you're doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts