TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i was told i had lupus 6mths ago very scary as ihave watched mymother suffer from lupus for years

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Cin/Lee and welcome to the best place on the net for support, information and people who understand. Most of us, but not all, have Lupus so we just get it!!!

I am sorry your mom has Lupus and you have had to watch her suffer. Is your mom on any meds to help keep things under control? How about you, what meds are you on?

I hope to get to know you better. Stick around and search the board for all kinds of great information. I hope you like it here and feel free to join us in the chat room sometime. We really have a lot of fun in there.

I am located in New Jersey, how about you? Are you in the USA or UK, or possibly somewhere else? Anyhoo, welcome again. You have found a great place to hang your hat.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi and welcome Cin/lee
I sure hope you find this place and the people to be as supportive as i have.I am sorry to hear that you have lupus ((((hugs)))).Is it okay to ask what kind of lupus do you have?If you have any questions please ask.There is always someone that can answer them for you.Can't wait to hear from you and hope you do enjoy it here like i have:).

Tammy

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Cin/Lee,

Welcome to the lupus site. It is nice to meet you.

When I was diagnosed with lupus I was very familiar to it too.
You, see my brother had it before I was diagnosed with sle. I had read up on it and from talking to him about how it was with him. It was scary for me too.

Even though we both have sle it affects us differently. We do share some things in common but not all things. Maybe your lupus will affect you differently than your mothers.

Getting told that you have lupus is a roller coaster ride of emotions. Once you get on the right mix of meds hopefully you will feel better.

This board is full of very caring members who are willing to share their experiences and knowledge with dealing with lupus.

Take care of yourself.
Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi cin/lee and welcome to the board.
Take hope that research and medications are helping many live more normal lives than was possible in years past. We are seeing people who have been diagnosed fairly rapidly from symptom onset to diagnosis. This helps to get proper medications quicker and more aggressive meds being used than in decades past.

I am very sorry that your mom has battled problems with her lupus. It is hard to watch someone you love go thru a lot of health scares and problems. That does not mean that you are going to follow that same path tho.

Take good care of yourself and I hope you had a good Easter.
Sally

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi cin/lee

I'm sorry you've been diagnosed with Lupus. This is a great site for advise and information. Its also a great place to make friends and talk to people who are going through the same things.

Hope to speak to again soon. Take care for now

Donut x

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
cin/lee,
Hi and welcome to the site. You are very well informed of what lupus is. I know that there are a lot of things that still surprise me. I hope that you are doing well. If you need any help please feel free to ask any of us for help would be glad to hlep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts