The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you all know that i have been and had my hair done this morning and it is lovely had blonde highlights and a great cut hubby said it is the best hair style that i have had done for a long time and i feel i have had a boost so next is the holiday thank you to those who replied to my post on it Elisabeth

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
That's great Elisabeth.

I think that the boost we get from a new haircut/colour, new clothes (that fit) etc. is essential and brings a lot of pleasure which we really need.

We're totally broke but I lost it recently and bought my self two pairs of trousers, two tops and three cardigan/sweatshirty tops all in one go. Sounds really bad but I had been living in the same jeans (the only ones that fit) for a year and I snapped! Thankfully, Mum, without knowing I had splurged, sent me a cash birthday present which covered the lot and it was the nicest present I could have had.

Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Good for you elisabeth!! I bet you feel like a new woman! :)
my hair has gotten a bit long, it's just past my shoulders now & I am very tempted to get it all cut off next week,maybe a layered bob just past my chin :rolleyes: x

KATHARINE good for you! I am glad it all worked out well! I think you were meant to get them clothes :wink2::) have we missed your birthday katharine?or have I? hope you had a lovely day!! x

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
You deserve it. Most of us Mom's do for everyone and neglect ourselves. Enjoy your holiday.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Good for you Elisabeth! I used to be terrible at going to get my hair done and could go 6 months without a cut. Now I make sure it's the one treat I have every 6-8 weeks.

That was so nice of your hubby to comment. Bet you feel a million dollars!

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
:lol: Nope Karen you haven't missed it. It is on Saturday but it is "hidden" in my settings on the board. I'm not big into Happy Birthdays :rotfl: Well, I mean, I don't mind them but so long as my dog gives me a cuddle (and hubby too of course) that suits me fine.

Katharine

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi elisabethm,
good for you!!
IT's true that a new hairdo or outfit can really work wonders.
I made a pact that i would start having my haircut every 8 wks but this time have left it about 12, just cause i have been in a lot of pain and did'n't want my hairdressers to feel uncomfortable when i was wincing in the chair!!
Now in the last couple of weeks i have noticed thinning of my hair and am a bit scarred that having it blowdried at a salon might make more of it fall out!!
I really am desperate to go though, oh well i'll get there eventually!!!
Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Cassie

·
Registered
642 Posts
had my hair cut just this morning and I'm well pleased :)
I'm not really one for girlie stuff but find my salon visits a real treat.

Cassie I lost a lot of hair last year which thankfully is coming back. Now however the texture and overall thickness of my hair has changed.
I think a good cut is even more vital under our special circumstance.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi Bigsis,
Thanks for the advice!! :)

Cassie

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Ladies,

I am happy your so pleased with your hair treats! They, do give us a lift, when we are well enough to sit through it...

I had mine done, not long ago. It was thinning very fast. The hairdresser cut it shorter, and layered it a bit more, so now it looks a bit thicker again. I am still
losing hair like mad, but this should help for a while.

Have fun, with your new styles, colors and cuts!

Love,
Sandy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts