TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. im new here. im 15 and was recently diagnosed with lupus. if anyone is up for talking whether it is in private message, live chat or replying to this message bored please let me know. i am trying to make new friends who will actually understand what im going through (especially during a flare :( ) and i am up for talking with anyone. so dont hesitate to message or reply to this. thank you all.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and welcome to the boards :)

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It is very important to talk to people who understand what it is like to live with this disease as it is so difficult for others to understand.

You say you have been recently diagnosed, have you been ill for long?

There are a few other young members here. They maybe don't post as often but I'm sure they'll be along soon to say hi!

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the Forum

Im sorry to hear about your diagnosis. It must be very difficult at your age. I hope you have been started on medications?

I see you have also posted in the Under 20's Forum. We have a number of members here around your own age. They dont post too regularly so hopefully someone nearer to your age will be online soon and respond to your post. Keep checking in. Im quite ancient by your standards :hehe: Im 50 years old and have been diagnosed now about three years.

It can be a lonely business dealing with Lupus especially during a flare :hugbetter: Its great to know you have a place like this to come to where people understand whats going on for you. You will get great support here and accurate, up to date information on Lupus and treatments. There is a lot of out-dated information on the web so be careful what you are reading.

How does your Lupus affect you by the way? Everyone is a bit different and some people are lucky enough to get the right mix of medication early on and have minimal problems. Others might have more complicated forms of the disease.

If you have any specific questions about symptoms or treatments, please dont hesitate to ask:) In the meantime, welcome again and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Take good care
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Welcome! I am, like the others, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope that you start feeling better really soon!

Everyone else has told you about the others you age, us old farts will always be here to answer questions, listent rants and moans, and celebrate the good times.

Be well an I hope to catch you on chat

Stephanie

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
hi there,

Welcome to the boards... It is good that you have found this site... There are other young people on here... you just have to check in often, and there will be someone to chat with...
I too am older but love chatting with young people...
I hope you will continue to come on , dont give up... There is lots of information on the boards that might help you understand the desease better... Talking to others helps so much....

Love Penny

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello. thank you so much for replying to my bulletin i have been ill for only a year now. i just wanted to say thank you for replying so quickly, it made me feel very welcome.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi again Orange :)

I replied to your Private Message. Hope you got it ok? :)

Feel free to post on any of the Forums (not just the under 20's:)). Just take your time and feel your way around. You will get the hang of the site in no time at all.

Lovely to meet you and hope to catch up soon

Take good care
Joan:rose:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the site. I am in and out at all hours of the day. I would love to chat with you when you are available.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Orange, Good to meet you. Is it okay to call you Orange or is there a name you prefer?
(I am sure orange pigs do rock, and it sounds like something my Daughter Immi would say, she is 17, with Lupus) I have Lupus too, long time diagnosed. Immi only had her diagnosis a little while ago but had been ill for ages so it was expected.

I am often in Chat about 11 pm Uk Time.
x Lola

·
11,405 Posts
Hi and welcome to the lupus board.:)

You have found a great place with understanding members.
I am older too. Even older people who don't have lupus really doesn't understand what we go threw.

Are you going threw a flare right now?:hug: What meds did your doctor put you on for lupus?

Take care and I hope to chat with you sometime.

:posy:
Lyn

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hello and welcome
Have you checked out to see if there are any life support groups in your area. in our town we have an adult and a teen support group.
you can check out your country lupus society,,
I am not sure where you live but you can google them

take care and enjoy the sight. and remember to rest often if you need it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts