The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My Name is Melissa. :)
I'm 25 years old. A Mom to 2 lil Boys, that are my Life.
I started having kidney problems around 1995/1996 after being a Cheerleader and playing Basketball in school. In 2002/2003 I was dxed with Lupus (SLE). Since then life has been a hard road. I'm still learning to take life day to day.
I don't talk much about myself. I'm really here to be able to read what others are going through and hopefully be able to talk about it myself. I don't know anyone that has Lupus or anything close to it and sometimes just having someone to understand what I'm feeling would help..

Also if anyone is from South Carolina (Laurens/Greenville) area and has a really Great Dr. I would like the info if you don't mind...

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Melissa and welcome :)

As you can see I'm not at all from your part of the world so can't help on any docs. This is a very international community but it doesn't feel like we're that far way from each other. I have never met anyone with lupus here either and certainly no-one has ever heard of it.

Like you, I don't usually talk much, especially when things are not going well but I'm learning to use these message boards in those times too and the support you get from here is overwhelming.

Even though I have a very supportinve husband it is so nice not to have to burden him with everything.

If you need recomendations for a doc, it might be best to put a separate message in the "Find a doctor" section then your request doesn't get lost in here.

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Linda
39 Posts
Hello & welcome

I joined here yesterday as I'm feeling my symptoms terribly for the first time & find that people just aren't interested in hearing how tired I am etc...

I've had wonderful support already & it's great knowing there are people out there who just "get it" without you feeling as though you are moaning all the time!

I'm sure you will get plenty of support here too!

Lxx

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi Melissa, like you I also didnt know anyone else with lupus. Until I came on here.

They're all a great bunch and incredibly helpful and great support.

Wishing you luck.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Melissa, We are all here for each other, it is a very good place to be.
Lovely to hear you have two little boys, I hope you really have fun with them.
My children are grown up now. Still a worry though. Look forward to knowing you better.

x Lola

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey Melissa,

Welcome to the board. You have found a great place to hang out.

Very supportive people and knowledgeable too.

Sorry about your dx of Lupus but glad you found us here.:wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts