The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my is Niecy Mc,

I don't know where to began,I'm 48 years old.from the age of 15 I've had all kinds of what I would call crazy things going on with my health that the doctors really had no answer for.I thought myself to be a healthy person I worked out,ate all the right foods. I began at the age of 32 to have muscle spasms,sinus infections,pains in my hands and legs.I tried to explain the pain to my doctor but she had me go to see a therapist,this went on and on for years,I would only talk to my therapist about what was going on until in the winter of the year 2000 she saw that my hands and feet really did turn blue,she called my doctor. I went in the next day dr. looked at me,told me that she was sorry and it looked like Raynaund's.when the blood test came back it was a positive ana.In 2005,I was told that I had osteoarthritis in my cervical and lumbar spine. 2006 I was diagnosed with Sjogren's and put on Plaquenil.I tore my rotor cuff, I don't how it happened,had the surgery but it feels like it's torn again.I'm tried most of the time,the spams are coming on stronger and lasting longer,I get headaches,joint pain all over,I can't focus at times,I don't know whats happening to me.My dna is negative and my white blood cell counts are high-out of range.thank you for your support

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Welcome to the forum Niecy
I'm sorry you are so unwell and it is always sad to hear of people not being taken seriously for many years. It sounds like you badly need re evaluation and additional medication. Do you see a rheumatologist currently ?

We'll help you all we can to feel better ! :)

Bye for now

Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Niecy and welcome :)

I can only second what Clare has said and hope that you are indeed seeing a rheumatologist.

It is a sad fact that it can often take a long time to be taken seriously by doctors and, even then, due to the complexity of auto-immune diseases, it can be difficult to have a quick diagnosis.

That just means that we have to be doubly determined to battle on and get answers when we know well that something is just not right.

:hug:
Katharine

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Niecy,

It was very nice meeting you in the chat room yesterday.

Muscles spasms can be very painful indeed. Awhile back I was getting them every time I moved from a still position in my legs. It turned out I needed more calcium. Problem solved. Calcium may not be the solution for you but I think you should push your doctor to find the root of the problem.

Don't give up. Keep trying to find the answer. If this doctor isn't doing enough to solve the problems it may be time for a second opinion. I found GP's wanted you to have a textbook case before giving a diagnosis. It wasn't until I was referred to a Rheumatologist that I finally got any answers and the proper treatment.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clare.T;494879 said:
Welcome to the forum Niecy
I'm sorry you are so unwell and it is always sad to hear of people not being taken seriously for many years. It sounds like you badly need re evaluation and additional medication. Do you see a rheumatologist currently ?

We'll help you all we can to feel better ! :)

Bye for now

Clare
thank you Clare, I have a Rheumatologist, started seeing him in 2000.I had just noticed when going over my blood work that my white bloodcell count has been high out of range months befor being diagnosed with a disease.When I quesstion it,dr. sends me to the ent.,eye,and dentist.there is never any infection.right now the dna is negative and le,sm is negative.Rheumy wanted me to take a low does of prednison but I'm afraid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts