TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was 1st told that I had Lupus I searched out a message board and it helped me so much to have that support.

Again I am searching for answers. I had a Apical Ballooning Syndrome or Tacacabo Syndrome or "Broken Heart Syndrome". All three names are given to this heart event. It actually causes the heart to balloon out and of course causes pain as the heart is majorerly malfunctioning. But 90% of the time the heart muscle like most other muscles in the body heal themselves. My Dr. is curious to know if there is any connection between Lupus and this event. Does anyone know about this condition and know any Lupus patient that it has happened to?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
580 Posts
hi and welcome to the lupus site. thank you for replying to my post. i have never heard of this condition, but someone will come around soon to answer your question. there is always excellent advise given here.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello and a big Welcome.I do not have heart problems and I don't recall ever seeing this event as being listed in any Lupus literature.
Someone is bound to know more than me. Just wanted to Welcome you.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I haven't seen or heard of any other lupus patient having this condition before. Reading about it, there was some mention of a blood vessel response possibly contributing to it (as well as the stress hormones being abnormally high following a stressful event) so I can see where a doctor might theorize it could be more common in lupus patients - especially those with a vasculitis or clotting component to their lupus. But it would only be a theory, and there doesn't appear to be any evidence to that effect at this point yet.

I hope you are one of the ones that made a full recovery in the typical 2 week time period.

Welcome to the site ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all

Yes, I was one of the ones that healed in very short time. Still having chest pain issues but not like that event.

My local Dr. has now decided I need to see a Rheumy, after 8 years but I never ask him to refer me to one but with the heart issues he says he wants someone looking over his shoulder. I have never agreed to any of the common meds for the Lupus as have been able to pretty much control it myself. Extra rest, and listening when my body says ok that's enough. But maybe this was a wake up call for me as I'm getting older everyday, LOL but you all didn't know that, and am having a flare now (sometimes it's hard to tell for sure) I know I don't have a severe case of it. But, I'm kind of glad to go see a Rheumy. Daughter lives in Austin TX and she went to her family Dr. once with the complaints and he shipped her off to a Rheumy. She has so many issues though but I still think she has SLE. Hugs to you all and thanks for the insight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts