The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To cut a very long story short, I've been type 1 diabetic for 30 years, was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis just over a year ago and have had underactive thyroid for 4 years (on medication for everything). Have been extremely unwell for the last few months, thyroid doctor says I've had a post viral thyroiditis as my thyroid gland and lymph glands are extremely enlarged, up'ed my meds 8 weeks ago and I should be feeling better, but I'm feeling worse.

Got to the stage where I can hardly walk up the stairs at home without feeling physically exhausted, joints ache, short of breath, I could go on and on with all the things that are happening to me.

I've now got a water infection and am on antibiotics so that's not helping.

I've noticed for some time now I keep getting a rash over my cheeks and nose, particularly when I'm hot but it can happen at any time.

My GP suggested today I might possibly have lupus but doesn't want to send me for tests until the thyroid is sorted.

I really feel I'm going mad, I feel so unwell and each day I'm getting worse.

I'm wondering that if it is lupus, will I ever feel better?

Thanks

Clara

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Clara,

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so miserable. Your not alone.

I hope your GP is able to give you some answers for all of your problems.

Sometimes it takes time to get to the bottom of things.

All i can say is WELCOME to the forum and your not going mad.

Hope to see you in chat room soon

Take it easy, relief will come soon.

Take Care
Good Luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello Clara

I am new to this site as well. But I just wanted to say that I can relate to how you feel. It is frustrating and worrying when the doctor tells you he suspects you have something, but you know you are not going to get answers straight away.

I have felt several times like I am going mad, so you are not alone. I hope your doctor manages to stabilise your thyroid as soon as possible, so that you can get some answers. My thyroid is borderline under-active and my doctor has told me she is not going to put me on any other medication for now.

You are not alone and I hope that being able to share your worries and concerns here, helps you as much as it for me.

Regards

Star

1 - 3 of 3 Posts