TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

I'm new around here, although not new to message boards, I love them :)

Anyway short bit about me. I'm 36, married, and my husband, who's 37 has SLE and Hughes Syndrome. He was diagnosed when he was 26 after a couple of strokes. mostly he has it under control but really I've come on here to look for a bit of support for me. I suffer from depression which I take meds for, have done since I was 13, I self-harm (intermittantly now after a couple of years of therapy) and I suffer from mild social anxiety disorder.

We have a gorgeous 8yr old son, and I work in local governement as a project Administrator.

My husband is lucky enough that he is well enough to work, he works for the Highways Agency as a Traffic Officer Supervisor, I think it's what keeps him sane. But after work very often he's not fit for doing much else.

I am totally addicted to Torchwood, I co run a Torchwood forum, and am a massive fan of John Barrowman. I love making icons, and writing fan-fiction.

Well, enough about me, if you have any questions just ask, I'll probably answer them :)

Terri

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Terri and welcome!

It sounds to me as if your husband is very lucky to have such a loving understanding wife (even if your therapist says you are sometimes too understanding :lol: ).

This board is a great place both for lupus sufferers themselves and their families. There will always be the odd time when you feel you need a liitle support, a kind word, some advice, a little humour or just to rant a little. All of those are perfectly normal and we are here to help as much as we can.

bye for now, I hope you enjoy being with us,
Katharine

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Terri,
I don't watch Torchwood but my Daughter Immi who is also a Member here loves it so does my Husband. I will admit they have a CD of John Barrowman singing and he is good, even I listen to it.
X Lola

1 - 5 of 5 Posts