TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I am 58 years old and was diagnosed with SLE 10 years ago. I was an early childhood teacher for 26 years, but reluctantly had to go on disability 4 years ago. The lupus is now in my lungs.I have lost 40% of my lung functions. I was taking Imuran, but mt liver enzymes elevated to 250, so I am now on Cellcept.I have concerns about the side effects of Cellcept reguarding cancer. I live in Illinois, and there are no support groups in my area, most are in Chicago. I do not know of any one else with lung involvement.If there is anyone else that can share with me, i would be grateful. Thank you, Rosjac

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Rosjac,

Welcome to the lupus site, it is nice to meet you.

I am sorry to hear that lupus has attacked your lungs.
I can not help you on your meds, but I am sure someone will come along to post.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Rosjac,
I understand your fears of losing lung function. I have lost 60% of my lung function to the disease. The one thing I can say is that eventually my body adjusted to it, and I can do more now than I could even 5 years ago. I was dx 20 years ago, and had sle approx 30 years before that. I am one of those who has never had a positive ana, so was not dx even tho there were a lot of symptoms that were lupus indicative.

There is life in, with, and through lupus. Stay positive........know and recognize that there will be days you cannot do anything. Don't live by other's expectations. You will not be able to do that and don't beat yourself up. Keep a journal. It will help you and your doctor to better treat your disease. You will discuss the important things at your appointments and get better disease management.

We are here to help and support. Take care of you.
Sally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts